~6 ⟁ wall of twilight

It was cold and dark. Every way you looked you were met with pitch black darkness. Although the air surrounding you felt cold, you yourself felt warm.

"Am I dead?" You ask out loud, confused. You could feel, but couldn't see. No scratch that, you just couldn't see anything but your own body floating in a black void. Slowly you could feel your mind grow tired, trying to shut down. Maybe one little nap wouldn't hurt right, you think, feeling your eyes start to close. But they never got to fully shut when a distant shout reached your ears.

It sounded like your name, but sleep sounded nicer at the moment. Your body slowly started to shut down, but your mind stayed awake, trying to fight off the exhaustion that threatened to take ahold. Who was shouting at you? Why were they shouting at you? These questions ran through your brain, with your body trying to shut them up, make them disappear.

[Y/n].... [Y/n] you must wake up....!

Your eyes immediately shot open at the sound of the new voice. It sounded faint, but louder than the one from before, almost as if the voice was being carried off by the wind. When your eyes opened, instead of being met with the ink black darkness like you thought would happen, they were blinded with a bright golden light, making you squint in return.

You must awaken [Y/n]... Bring light back to the Chosen.... Bring light back to the world... Rescue it from the Twilight.....from the darkness that stirs in the shadows.......[Y/n] wake up!!

Your eyes snap open in an instant, memories of everything that happened before you were knocked out flooding back into your mind. The searing pain in the back of your head returns as well. With eyes now opened you could make out the frantic and distress filled face of Link as he held you in his arms. His eyes were almost wild looking, filled with tears that look as if they were about to fall.

"[Y/n]! Thank the goddesses your okay!" He cries out bringing you into a hug, nuzzling his face into the crook of your neck, and breathing in your scent as if this would be the last time he ever got the chance. 

If circumstances had been different, you would have been heavily blushing at the action, but your mind was tormented with the thoughts of where Ilia and Colin have been taken as you could not see them anymore. In fact, even Epona was gone which only added to your list of worries.

Quickly you got out of the hold Link had you in, no matter how much you just wanted to stay in his arms, and gripped his shoulders. 

"Link we have to get Ilia and Colin back!" The blonde seemed to recover at the sound of your voice, his expression turning to one that matched the seriousness and determination that laced your own words spoken.

In a quick motion, Link stood up pulling you with him, sending splashes of water out from beneath you. You swayed gently at the sudden movement, the wound inflicted upon your head throbbing, but Link steadied you by holding your shoulders to keep you from falling over.

"Are you alright? Maybe you should stay behind; I'll go after them by myself." Link tries to persuade you, worrying about your current state. If anything else were to happen to you... He wouldn't know what he do.

You shake your head, mentally cursing at yourself for doing so for it made a headache start to grow. Maybe it was just the strange voice you heard earlier or something else, but you knew you had to go with him no matter what; it was a gut feeling, and most of the time yours weren't wrong.