25 | THE CONDITIONS

25 | THE CONDITIONS

SONG PREFERENCE: TALK ME DOWN by Troye Sivan

"Greyson," the voice whispered, thinning out into the lush night air. "Grey, wake up." She felt a hand caress the side of her face, trailing across the skin with a featherlight touch that left a blazing trail in its path. "Kitten, it's only just a dream."

Greyson snapped her eyes open at the nickname, her eyes wild as she looked around the room. But she didn't have to look, because she was laying in his arms, pressed against his front while he was underneath her, holding her in a tight embrace. He smiled down at her, a smile that was only meant for her. His upper half was bare, with his bronze skin on display underneath the warm luminescence of the lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. He looked like a prince from a faraway land, his curly hair tousled against his forehead and that flawless smirk painted like a work of art on his face, his body a canvas waiting to be explored with colors of blue, pink, and yellow. And yet, he was only splattered with red.

"Finnick," she rasped out, pulling herself up and onto her elbows to really look at him, to really grasp that he was there.

His green eyes clashed harmoniously against her stormy gray's, brewing a hurricane inside her body that was infinitely untamable. "Grey, it was just a dream, you're okay now." He reassured her, tangled a hand through her knotted waves.

Conflict passed through her, causing her to furrow her brow at him. "What dream? What are you talking about? You're not real. Y-You can't be."

Finnick nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck, his lips staining her skin with desire. "Of course I am, kitten. Just as real as you are," he murmured lovingly against her, his mouth leaving open kisses against her throat and sucking, leaving cherry red imprints the circumference of his lips. His hand slid down her waist, pushing her up against him passionately. "Just as real as this feels."

"Finnick," Greyson gasped breathlessly, pushing against his chest, and ignoring the wildfire spreading inside of her. "This isn't you, you aren't you. Y-You're gone, and I'm . . . in Thirteen."

Finnick pulled away, gazing into her eyes as if he was taking his last dying breath, as if she was the beacon of hope to his eternal damnation. He gripped her face in his hands as his adoration morphed into a gentle kindliness. "No matter where you are, no matter where I am; I will never leave you. And I don't care if we are oceans apart, there will never be a body of water large enough that I won't cross. If you're thousands of feet underground being suffocated to death, I'll be down there dying with you. Grey, there is nothing that can take me away from you."

"You've got a real way for words, Odair." Greyson said with watery eyes.

He frowned, wiping under her eyes with his thumbs. "Don't cry, kitten. You're too beautiful to cry."