Wolves

Sitting on my bike I stare up at the huge home, wolves watching me at every angle as if I'm a freak.

As I sit my bike up on a tree I am tackled by Marco, his arms tight around my waist as I gasp for air.

He nuzzles his face into my neck, happily, I think.

"Baby- you came! Come on, the family is in the back"

He drags me through the house before Diego joins us, then they continue to drag me outside.

Just as we walk through the door everyone goes silent, my stomach just drops as I try to back away.

But I can't escape them.

"This is our mate, beautiful Halo- treat him well or else"

Marco says with his grin, Diego smiling as well while they hold me in place.

My heart is pounding, covering up the sounds the pack makes as they swarm around us.
My throat constricts as things begin to get fuzzy, I try my best to warn them- but can't.

My body begins to ache, just as things fall black I feel hands grab me.
Warmth explodes from my body, as my vision clears I see flames.

Amongst the crackling flames, I hear children crying, my chest aches as they sob.

Momma, dad- gone, killed, murdered, the blood sticking to my skin like thick goo.
The white wolf.

"Get away from that thing!"

That thing?

My shirt falls as it turns to ash, wings spread wide before I shoot into the woods.

Shouting far behind me, my head feels fuzzy before I crash into the ground.
My body aches, slowly I sit myself up on my knees.

It's ok, they will understand that you are fragile.

IM NOT FRAGILE, I'm a danger, I'm unstable.

I must have sat here for hours, the sun is already setting.
I finally pull my wings in, my body so tired.

A deep guttural growl sending a shock through my body, my eyes lock with a familiar figure.
My stomach churns as I take in his appearance.

Aged white fur, dark cold eyes- and burnt flesh that no fur covers.

That murderer- the soulless killer who killed my parents.

He gives me a smirk, his slow and heavy steps growing closer.
I need to move- why can't I run!

My eyes sting as tears roll down my cheeks, fear filling me as I watch the wolf step even closer.

Just as he lunges I squeeze my eyes shut, but no pain comes to me.
Slowly I open my eyes, head to head a young version of that monster stands.

My eyes widen as it dawns on me, how stupid can I be- how blind!

"Marco-"

Soon cold hands grasp my shoulders, worried red eyes stare into mine.

"Halo- you scared us! Are you hurt? Why didn't you tell us- did his father hurt you?"

Father? How can that monster have children?

Both wolves stand in human form, my heart racing as I see the older man's burned body.

"That THING almost killed me, he has no soul! You can't be bound to him"

I'm the soulless one?

I stand, my legs shaking ever so slightly as flames flicker from my fists.

"I'm the soulless one? ME?! you're the one that murdered my parents! You tried to kill me! If I'm soulless then you must be pure evil!"

Low growls leave both Marco and Diego, the old man backing away as he clenches his jaw.

"You killed his parents? Then you should be grateful all he did was mess up your face- if he was that strong then just imagine what he could do to you now! Father or not- I don't what you living in my home"

The old man growls before turning away, one last thing to say.

"You will regret this you little freak"

As I and my mates walk back to the house they ask me the same question, the one I have no answer to.

"What are you"

As I tell them that I don't know, two little hands tug on my pant leg.

"Are you okays? Those fires didn't hurt you did they?"

He is worried about me??

Diego pats the child on the head, but his worried filled eyes stay on me.
I place my hands on his cheeks, his soft little face brightens up before I kneel down to his hight.

"I'm fine- but they didn't hurt you or any others, did they?"

He smiles as he puts flowers in my hair, his eyes sad though.

"No- everyone's ok, but- everyone saying to stay away from you, it's not nice!"

If he had parents they would have told him to stay so far away.

"What's your name?"

I lift him up, no one in the pack even tries to stop me.

Low lives, not even caring for this child.

His little arms wrap around my neck, his blonde hair hiding his little eyes.

"Judas, mister luna- I like your hair- it looks like cotton candy!"

My chest warms as he giggles, I can't even stop my wings from wrapping around myself and him.

No one will hurt you.

I sit down on the dirt, Diego, and Marco I feel standing by my sides.

"Mister luna? What are you, are you an angel?"

I shake my head no, but this bundle of joy keeps my frown away.

"No, far from it I think, I am not sure"

He just smiles, that sweet soul not hardening as mine did.
The sweet words that escape him cause my eyes to sting, tears running down my face.

"I think you are an angel, thank you for the hug- don't cry, did I say something wrong"

I shake my head no, I feel my wings pull in as this little ball of light snuggles in.

"Judas, how about you check on the elders, I'm sure they would love to see you"

He just nods, one last hug before he runs off.
My eyes stay on his little frame

I stand up as I rub my neck.

"How old is he?"

As I ask this Marco just smiles

"he is five, his parents were killed when he was three- he's super sweet"

I nod as I stare at my hands, his warmth still in my grasp.

"Sweet boy"

Updated, edited, and ready for your reading pleasure.
So sorry about the original being a stroke inducer.