EIGHTEEN

❝the entire world was in love with her; so there was no mystery why I loved her too

❝the entire world was in love with her; so there was no mystery why I loved her too. The magic was in how she sifted through all that adoration and found me to love back.❞

WE ENTERED THE huge school dance, music blasting through the huge speakers in the gym

WE ENTERED THE huge school dance, music blasting through the huge speakers in the gym. Teenagers were either dancing, secretly slipping alcohol in their drinks, getting very cozy with each other, or just sitting around talking. 

I shot the gang a huge smirk, causing all of them to smirk with me. "Who's ready to cause some trouble tonight?"

They all cheered and we went our separate ways, Dally and Maya staying with me. Maya poured herself some punch, shaking her head and chuckling as she saw me and Dally slip alcohol in ours. 

"You two are like Bonnie and Clyde."

"I take that as a compliment." Dally smirked, downing his alcohol. 

Maya laughed. "Well, it wasn't one." She pulled me into a hug, giving me a small smile. "I'll let you two get to your party crashing. I'm going to go over there." 

"Alright. Stay safe. There's tons of people who could hurt you here." I warned, shooting her a glare. 

She nodded, laughing slightly. "I know you'll be there for me if anything happens, though. You always are." 

She left, leaving Dally and me. I stared at him, admiring his features. I've never realized how beautiful he was until now. His jawline was just right, but when he clenched his jawline, it made it even sharper. 

His dark brown eyes seem lighter than they usually are, but still have that emotionless effect. Like there's millions of secrets he's hiding inside them. Innocence is long gone inside his eyes, the dark circles underneath, revealing his saying sleep is for the weak. 

His ruffled brown hair looked exactly as it does when he first wakes up in the morning and it's hot. His skin was as pale as mine, and I'd bet a million dollars his heart is big. He just doesn't show it.