Chapter 54

Emma

He is not getting away with this.

I'm his girlfriend. He wanted me to be and now he thinks he can just walk out of here. No. Fucking. Way!

This is fighting Emma coming out. I'm shaking all over and completely petrified of rejection but my fury and determination overtake them.

"Harry Edward Styles!" I yell at him through the door not even sure that he's on the other side. I yank the open only to find him leaning against the wall across from my door with his ring covered fingers rubbing his eyes in frustration.

I didn't expect that! Was he just standing out here?

I don't know if he planned to leave and just didn't get away in time or just wanted to make a point by storming out like a child but here he is, right in front of me in all his emerald eyed, dimpled cheek glory.

His head jerks up to look at me, letting his arms fall down by his sides, and he still looks fueled with anger but he hasn't left. Thank god but what a baby.

"You do not get to do that" I tell him slowly, taking small steps to him holding severe eye contact. I'm not backing down on this. Yes I lied to him but I do not deserve the reaction he gave me.

I stop right in front of him, leaning my head back so that I can look right at him. God he's tall. At any other time I would revel at the contrast in our heights, tucking myself under his arm and leaning my head against his hard chest, but now is not the time.

But there are still many questions and no answers and after his reaction to my lie I am so scared to even ask in fear of his answers. It's just all of a sudden things seem so uncertain and unsteady between us when only hours ago he was my rock.

I've spent my whole life feeling like this and I thought it was over because I had Harry, this incredibly annoying yet lovable and sexy human standing in front of me, but now who the hell knows where we stand.

Is he going to do anything? We've been standing here for what seems like ages and it's killing me. Just say something... please!!

Before I can even register his motions his large hand is gripping my wrist and and pulling me back into my room. God this boy can read my mind.

The second the two of us are through my door he spins me around to face him, the door slamming behind me moments before he hoists me up against the door, his grip on my waist tight and steady.

Standing like this, inches between the two of us with Harry towering over me is intimidating and yet it feels so comfortable.

I'm a mess. How can I feel both?

A click breaks the silence between us telling me he's locked the door. My chest is heaving up and down, my whole frame a bundle of nerves waiting for his next move. Should I do something? Well I was the one who went after him, ball's in his court now.

And suddenly the worst idea pops into my head.

I can't help it but the position we are in right now, him towering over me, his strong hands pressing my hips against the door gives me flashes of a similar incident with my father all those years ago, one same one I've been having dreams about on a regular basis whenever Harry's not sleeping next to me. What happened with that man all those years ago was fueled by alcohol and fanned by rage and terror and I couldn't do anything. This, now, here with Harry, while physically similar is vastly different. And that's what is keeping me from crumbling through the floor.

Yes we're both angry with the other but the air between us is different. At the end of the day we still care for eachother and if we were normal you might even say we love each other but we're not there yet, if we get there at all.