TWENTY-EIGHT

If yall got stories you want me to read, leave me a message. I also need people to follow to get my newsfeed poppin lmao. Be prepared, this chapter bouta be lit!

Trinity

December 28, 2015

It's been a few days since all of us linked up together, all of us as in Michael, China, Kae, Chris, and myself. Jasmine caught a cold, and I swore to her she jinxed herself because she kept saying I was gonna get pneumonia for going out in a sweater two days ago when I discovered the car in my driveway. We're currently just window shopping at Queens Center Mall. It's my second time coming here and I like this mall a lot. It's very diverse, ethnic wise, and there's a lot of places to shop.

Fortunate for me, Dominic didn't tag along today. That saved me from being trapped in an awkward situation. Especially having to see him on a date with Tyra like two days ago and then Chris being here too. Speaking of Chris, like it's a thing of his, every time something happens between us he keeps his distance. For example, when we first kissed while he was supposed to be tutoring me over at my house, he went ghost. He did the same when we kissed on Christmas night. This is the first time I've seen him ever since then.

We eventually lost Kae when we walked past Sephora and I wasn't complaining. She kept watching Tyra's Snapchat story of her and Dominic and I swear she was doing so on purpose so I could see. She had her phone at an angle as she walked so that I can see her whole screen.

As we made our way through the mall, I kept myself in the back as China and Michael lead the way to whatever store they wanted to go to next. Chris was just a few feet ahead of me but I saw him slowing his pace, slow enough to end up walking beside me. I kept to myself as we followed Michael and China into Finishline. Michael and Chris automatically went to the men's section as China and I met up in the youth section. I sat on the bench examining the ugly sneakers they have here.

"Bad feets," China said plopping down next to me looking at the display in front of us

I nodded agreeing with her, there were a bunch of flights and random grade school Jordans on display. I wasn't feeling any of the colorways.

She cleared her throat "So."

I looked at her signaling her to go own with what she was saying but she kept staring at me. I shook my head and looked away wanting to laugh.

"Trinity you know exactly what I'm about to say." She said rolling her eyes

"Then say it," I said with a touch of humor in my voice

"You and Chris girl, wassup with yall?" She nudged me a bit grinning "You ever told him how you felt?"

"No, I don't have the guts to," I said shrugging kicking my feet

"Do yall even talk?" She asked with her brows knitted

"No, last time I talked to him was at your Christmas dinner."

I didn't want to tell her about the kiss we shared that same night, it didn't feel right. Not that I'm not comfortable with China, it's just that, I really don't know honestly.

"Babe," Michael called from across the store

China and I looked over at him as he nodded towards the exit of the store. We both got up and followed Michael and Chris out of the store to the next one. China caught up to Michael and held his hand as they made their way over to the escalators.

"We're going to the food court," Michael announced speaking over his shoulder

"I'll text Kae where we're at." I heard China say