Chapter 10: The First D - Date

Chapter 10
The First D - Date

Leaving the room with a heart clenching painfully inside me, I decide that I should give myself a time alone, to think things through. Being alone will help me think clearly. Peitho is not giving himself a chance to love and be loved and that hurts to know; even my wolf Zane doesn't agree with Peitho. I have a huge and strong feeling that Peitho and Dave are now one therefore, they're both my mate. It hurts to think that Peitho doesn't want to fall in love or to have a mate again. I guess being rejected by his previous mate did this to him. He has lost faith. I know Peitho is a good wolf, and I can sense that when or if I give my heart to his, Dave and him will take care of it and they will not let it break; they will not let me break.

As I take a seat underneath the huge oak tree, I sigh in frustration, the huge leaves blocking the sun light from streaming right at me. The wind tingles my skin and I close my eyes, imagining things that will make me happy. Dave. Dave and his happy smile. Dave. Dave. Dave. All I can think of is Dave and it's making me lose my shit right now because I know that Dave is still unconscious and I can't do anything about it. I clench my hands, gritting out my teeth as I push the images of Dave out of my head, but I can't. It's like his images are stuck inside my head, embedded in it, and carved in my heart.

A strong smell invades my nostrils, tickling it and the scent of him is so strong that it goes straight into my heart, making my heart pump faster. I open my eyes to see Peitho sitting down beside me, his eyes focused on the kids playing on the field. I watch them, not really wanting to look at Peitho/Dave despite my wolf's protest and annoyance. This is really hurting me, knowing that Peitho doesn't want to have a mate or to fall in love again. It makes my hope falter, but I'm not going to back down. I'm going to pursue him and Dave until they cave in.

"I'm sorry," Peitho says, his eyes burning at the side of my head but I still refuse to look. What is he sorry for? I can feel him shaking his head as he drops his hands beside him. Finally, I look at him and see him frowning. I hate when he frowns. It doesn't look good on him but he still manages to be cute. "I just don't trust myself anymore."

"Let's go on a date," I blurt out, staring intensely at him. His head snaps into my direction, his eyes wide as his mouth hangs open. "Let's go on a date and I'll prove myself to you. Hell, even if we don't go in a date, I'll still prove myself to you, Peitho. If Dave is my mate, you will be my mate as well. You and Dave are my mate." Zane howls in happiness, grinning.

Peitho nods, but there's still a confusion making its way to his face. He agrees to be on a date with me, and I'm going to make it the best for him.

"Just wear anything, nothing fancy, just casual," I say to him. Whatever he wears, I'm sure it would look good on him. Perhaps I'm being biased, perhaps not, but this is my mate we're talking about. Whatever he wears or does, he will still be beautiful in my eyes. "Tonight, at 7 in the evening, I'll pick you up in your room." He nods.

It's quarter to 7 of the evening, and here I am, standing in front of his room's door, thinking whether I arrived too early or not. My heart is beating erratically inside my chest, pounding, screaming Peitho/Dave's name as I wait in anticipation. I'm just wearing a black button up shirt, matching it with a pair of jeans and a black Vans. Nothing special. I'm just planning on taking him to a walk. Since Peitho has been trapped in the Spirit Realm for a long time, I bet simple things will amaze him.

The room's door pulls wide open and Peitho is standing beautifully, as if he's a God or something. He has decided to wear a grey polo short, a black bracelet dangling around his wrist. He matched his attire with a slightly torn pants just above the knee, and a rubber shoes. Hi hair is slightly brushed up but messy. I chuckle at the sight of him as he stares at me, his cheeks tinting pink. I can't really open my mouth, to tell him how he takes my breath away, or how he wants me to faint just by the mere sight of him, because whenever I open my mouth, I'd blurt out unnecessary things. So to spare myself with embarrassment, I shall close my mouth and just open it when it's appropriate and needed.

Offering my hand for him to take, he awkwardly takes my hand and I give his hand a slight squeeze and smile at him; a way of telling him that everything is going to be just smooth and fine. That eases him a bit as he smiles at me as I lead the way.

Since I have a lot of savings, thanks to my father who works as a teacher in a school where Dave and Kieran went, I decide to spend a little. My father is strict when it comes to money. One time, he even lectured me about saving myself a money for the future. The lecture didn't go too well though as after he lectured me, I decided to buy a new phone even when I had a phone that worked perfectly well. I learned my lesson though because he froze my accounts and such and I couldn't really spend.

I decide to take him to one of the secluded and peaceful place in Wisconsin. The place is located in Madison, which is just an half an hour drive from here. We have a truck named Trevor, and that truck has been in our family older than me. It belongs to my grandfather, and he got it when he was young. Sadly, he died when I was just about 8 years old, about to turn 9. When we get at the back of the Great House, the truck is just sitting inside the small, made of wooden garage. The metals are painted light green and it's slightly peeling off. But Trevor still works just fine. Peitho looks at it in amusement, and he immediately climbs into the passenger seat without giving me a chance to be a gentleman and open the door for him. I pout and roll my eyes, climbing in the driver's seat and fishing out the key in my back pocket, putting it in the ignition and turning it then suddenly, the truck roars to life, making some broom sounds as it warms up. I grin at Peitho, who still has a amused expression plastered on his face.

After the half an hour drive, we already arrive at our destination. I have already set up a picnic for us, near the lake and I'm sure that Peitho will love it, considering the place has an earthly feeling and it can make you calm just by looking at the scenery. Before he even climbs out, I climb out of the truck and run over to the passenger seat, opening the door for him and Peitho blushes at my actions, stepping down and I catch him as he's about to fall. He quickly regains his balance, much to my and Zane's annoyance. At the back of the truck are the clothes that I have prepared for us, considering that I have brought Peitho to a lake, we will be splashing water around each other.

Gesturing for him to follow me, he walks behind me as I lead the way. There's a cliff; a narrow one, but not really high. In fact, beside the cliff is a stair that leads to the bottom of the cliff, where you can sit at the rocks and dip your feet into the water as you watch the scenery. I grab Peitho's hand, which is very warm against my skin and I choose to ignore the tingling feeling bubbling inside me. We make our way down the stairs and I hear Peitho gasps at the sight as we descend. The baskets full of foods are still there, exactly where I left them. There's not really much animals going around here, so the foods are safe. Plus, I just prepared them an hour and a half ago. As we reach the last step, I tell Peitho to take off his shoes and he immediately obeys, excitedly. I take off my shoes and take a step down, my feet dipping into the cold water and I shiver. Peitho, too and I chuckle.

As I stand on the rocks, I open my arms wide, grinning at him.

"Peitho, welcome to Madison, Wisconsin!" I chirp and Peitho beams brightly, grinning excitedly at me.

******************************

Author's Note: Ohmigosh, like, I'm really fanboying right now because of their date and I just want to wait and I just can't wait to write the next chapter and publish them for you guys to read and I can't really wait. Hahahaha. Peitho, Dave, Zane and Perry are just too darn cute.

So here's a picture of Nolan Dark - the Magus, being portrayed by Anthony Selemidis

If you want to message me, feel free to do so!

Email: johnmichaelsenar@gmail.com
Twitter: JMSenar
Instagram: JMSenar
Kik: JMSenar