XL- The Parents

Indianna screamed and curled up on the bed in pain. She squeezed her eyes shut and whimpered, wishing the pain would go away.

"Oh, hun," Brooke sighed and dabbed a cool towel on Indianna's burning forehead. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," Indianna whimpered and groaned as another wave of pain flooded her body. "B-Brooke?"

"Yes?"

"Greyson," Indianna whispered and hissed in pain. "Can you g-get Greyson?"

"Of course!" Brooke said and rushed out of the room. Seconds later Greyson walked in and he crouched down beside the bed that Indianna was laying on.

"You're looking dashing today," he said with a smirk and Indianna rolled her eyes at him and managed to weakly punch him.

"Shut up, I asked for you so you can help with the pain, not be an ass," Indianna groaned.

"I can do both, don't worry," he said smugly and stood up, walking round the bed and laying down next to Indianna. He gently grabbed Indianna's arms and pulled her into his chest, wrapping his arms round her. The sparks shocked Indianna's skin, but they soothed the pain and relaxed her body. She sighed in relief and rested her head against Greyson's chest and closed her eyes.

"Thanks," she breathed and Greyson played with Indianna's hair.

"No problem, sugar," Greyson said. "So, I hear you grew a tail earlier."

"It was horrifying," Indianna grumbled, breathing in sharply when there was a stab of pain in her chest.

"It's normal."

"For a wolf, yes. A human, definitely not."

Greyson chuckled. "You're so whiny."

"I am currently in immense pain, I am randomly growing body parts of a wolf and I can hear every single freaking conversation, cough, laugh, sometimes even breaths of people downstairs and it is giving me a massive headache! Can you bloody blame me for moaning?"

Greyson laughed and kissed Indianna's head. "Touché."

"I just want it all to stop."

"It will soon, but the heightened senses you are going to have to live with- adjust to."

"Greyson, how do you block it all out? The noise? The constant hum of people talking and cars driving down roads miles away from here? How?"

"Practise," Greyson shrugged. "And something else to concentrate on."

"Like what?"

"Well, I concentrate on you."

"I'd rather kill myself than concentrate entirely on you."

"Lies," Greyson growled playfully and kissed Indianna's cheek. "You love me."

"You're mistaken."

"Mmm," Greyson said into Indianna's ear. "Sure I am."

"Shut up and let me sleep. The pain is stopping me from sleeping and when you're here the pain dulls, so be quiet," Indianna said and closed her eyes.

"You need me," Greyson whispered and smirked. "So be polite or I can easily get up and walk out." Greyson faked standing up and Indianna weakly reached out and grabbed Greyson's hand.

"No," she mumbled, sleep starting to catch up with her. "Stay."

*

"Greyson-" Kal burst into the room and stopped speaking when Greyson narrowed his eyes at Kal. "Sorry," Kal whispered, looking at Indianna who was sleeping soundly. "You're needed downstairs."