seven

"He just kept reminding me I was his, and he was mine," Tsai said to her friend, Liu, the next night at her place, "and for some reason, it was a little comforting...comforting. Am I wrong for thinking that way?"

"Take it this way," Liu placed her mug of coffee onto the  table in front of them before turning towards Tsai. "Before Namjoon, have you ever dated or went on a date with a boy?"

"No."

"Have you kissed one?"

"No."

"Hugged a boy who wasn't family?"

"No."

"It's just your mind saying that you're lonely, and so everything that Namjoon says or does towards you, you feel a sort of love and connection with him, you know? It's not wrong, you're just single." 

Tsai pouted looking at her friend. "I don't like him like that, though."

"I know, you just like when a guy babies you, and tells you words like he owns you, even though I personally believe that's fucking weird and I would probably run. Thank God he isn't your soulmate. I pray for whoever is going to be his."

"He can't have one," Tsai mumbled. 

"And why the hell not?" 

"Because his tattoo was removed, literally torn from his body. It removed itself, according to him. It's why he's so interested in philosophy and stuff like that." 

"A tattoo decided to leave someone?" Liu rolled her eyes, sipping on her coffee again. "I call that bullshit. He probably just doesn't want to speak about his past experience with the person he's been with."

"He showed me the scar."

"He probably removed it himself. He's a tattoo artist, right?" Tsai nodded and sighed, since Liu was just answering all the questions as if she was the creator of the entire universe and knew the reason to everything. 

Tsai's phone buzzed on the table, and she glances to see an unknown number flash across the screen. 

unknown number ; hey tsai! it's me, taehyung! just wanted to let you know i decided to room with namjoon. he seems like a nice guy, and he helps me out a lot, i think we'll get along pretty well. 

Tsai smiled, unlocking her phone and responding. 

tsai kubo ; i'm glad everything worked out for you guys, wish you guys the best. <3

kim tae ; you sound as if I just married the guy, chill.

kim tae ; but text me later when you're free, we should get some ice cream

Tsai felt chills go down her back as she thought about going out with Taehyung. For a split moment, she thought about Namjoon and how much he hated the way Taehyung and Tsai talked to one another back at the tattoo parlor. She forced those thoughts away, taking a deep breath. 

"He doesn't own me," she muttered to herself.

"Excuse me?" Liu asked, her eyes widening for a moment as she looked at Tsai's now scrunched face. 

Tsai ignored her, typing a reply back to Taehyung.

tsai kubo ; I know a nice ice cream parlor near campus, and i'll be free around 8 tomorrow night. sound good?

  ♂   

Namjoon and Tsai coincidentally met at the library again, an hour before Tsai was going to meet Taehyung. Namjoon, dressed in an all black outfit topped with a blue denim jacket, dropped his book bag into the chair to his left, while making eye contact with Tsai. He points to the seat across him, and Tsai just sits down without questioning him.

"Hi," he says quietly.

"Hey," Tsai whispered back, giving him a small smile and opening her textbook. 

Tsai didn't want to go into much of a conversation with Namjoon, mostly because she wanted to get some studying done before she met up with Taehyung. Namjoon, however, forgot the overall reason as to why he was in the library in the first place as soon as he saw Tsai.

"Do you really have to study right now? You have the rest of the night," Namjoon spoke lowly for her to hear.

"I'll be busy later and I want to study for a little bit before I go," Tsai answered.

"What are you doing later?"

"Not you." 

Namjoon raised his eyebrow, as Tsai snicked a little at her lame joke. "You're not funny." 

"Shut up, if you didn't like me and my jokes, you wouldn't be friends with me." 

"You've never made a joke before around me."

"Get used to them, then, because I love jokes." 

Namjoon chuckled, opening his textbook as well. He secretly (he would never admit this to her ever) believed that Tsai was goofy, and he liked that about her. 

"Tsai!" 

Namjoon and Tsai's heads turn to the entrance, where the bold and loud Taehyung came running towards them. Namjoon sighed, while Tsai gave Taehyung a big smile as he came up to to them.

"You ready to go?" Taehyung asked. 

"How did you know I was here?" Tsai wondered, closing her book.

Taehyung giggled. "When you were at your dorm, I texted you asking where you were and your friend replied saying 'you'll find her in the library, she loves that place more than me.'"

Tsai laughed, because it was an answer she expected from Liu. Although she loved Liu a lot, her studies sometimes came in between them. Liu always understood, she knew that Tsai just wanted to be successful in life. 

Namjoon coughed, catching Tsai's attention again. "Where are you guys going?"

Taehyung grinned, wrapping an arm around Tsai's shoulder. "The two of us are going to eat some good ass ice cream at the parlor down the street!" 

Tsai smiled as well, leaning her head onto Taehyung's shoulder while Namjoon scoffed a little. He rolled his eyes and got up, giving them a slight smile as well (even though Tsai could read that it was nothing but a fake one meant to only Taehyung).

"Have fun, I'll be going back to the dorm then," Namjoon spoke. 

"Dude, you just got here. You were in the dorm like thirty minutes ago," Taehyung reminded him. 

Namjoon began to walk away, pulling his bag onto his back and holding his textbook. "I'm suddenly not in the mood to be here right now." Without another word, Namjoon walked out of the library, leaving Taehyung and Tsai alone.