55

Next day you wake up slowly and groan at the fact that you'll have to go to school with Elena still ignoring you.

After you're dressed and leave the house, you begin to formulate a plan to confront Elena.

You get to school and see her in the corridor. You approach with caution, not wanting her to think you're angry.

"Hey Elena." You smile and she blanks you. Great. You think as you continue to smile. "I think we need to talk about some stuff, like mature people." You emphasised the word mature as she turned to look at you. "I'm sorry if you think I'm 'stealing your guy' or whatever, but Stefan and I have gotten really close." You explain as she narrows her eyes.

"But you shouldn't ditch me for him." She spoke as you nodded.

"I know and I'm sorry, I just hate that you're ignoring me." You mumbled as she sighed before giving in and hugging you.

"I hate it too, I'm sorry for being so childish." She spoke as you pulled away and smiled at her, the bell rang as you both groaned.

"I'll see you later, okay?" You asked as she nodded and smiled before you both headed to class.

"Hey Stefan." You smiled as you sat down next to him in science, last period.

"Hey." He replied.

"I just spoke to Elena and she's not ignoring me anymore, we're all good again." You laughed slightly at how stupid a fall out it was.

"She was ignoring you again?" He asked and you frowned.

"Yeah... I told you yesterday?" You questioned as he frowned at you. "You know when you walked me home, my mum liked you by the way." You chuckled as he seemed to stiffen. "What?" You asked as he looked at you.

"That wasn't me." He says and your face pales.

"W-what?" You panic. "Then who was in my house?" You ask in fear.

"There's someone going around who looks exactly like me, he's my doppelgänger." Stefan says as your eyes widen. "He's the first ever immortal man on the planet and someone's gone and woken him up."

"H-how?" You asked absolutely amazed.

"We don't know, but that's why I wasn't here yesterday. Damon and I were trying to find him. I should have warned you, but now you've invited him in." He sighed as your heart dropped.

"That means he can get in anytime." You whispered as Stefan nodded grimly.

The bell rang and made you jump slightly after the lesson was over, you gather up your things slowly.

"Do you want to go to the grill now?" You ask as you both walked out of your last period. He nods and together you walk down to the grill.

It was pretty empty considering the school had just finished and it was the middle of the week. You both find a table and sit down.

"I can't believe that there's another you, running around Mystic Falls." You say in disbelief. "We need something to identify that you're Stefan and not Silas." You think out loud as he laughs.

"Sure like what?" He asks as you think.

"Like a word." You reply as he nods. "Pineapple!" You say as he chuckles.

"Okay, that's how we'll know it's me." He says and you laugh at his confused expression.

"Yeah, I'll be right back I'm just going to the bathroom." You say as he nods and you get up.

/

You walk out of the bathroom stall and go over to the sinks to wash your hands.

"Hey." Stefan says and makes you jump.

"Oh my god, Stefan what are you doing in the ladies room?" You ask in confusion, putting a hand to your thumping heart to try and calm down.

He pushes you up against the wall and you know that this is Silas and not Stefan. You yelp in surprise and glare at him.

"Silas." You hiss as he chuckles.

"I'm flattered you know who I am, y/n." He smirks and tightens his grip on your arm so that you can't move away from the wall.

"Why are you here?" You question as his smirk just intensifies.

"To find Amara." He replies as you rolled your eyes.

"I told you I have no idea who that is." You say as he laughs.

"I believe you're lying, you were with her today." He says as you frown.

"Just let me out of here." You say as he releases you from the wall, but blocks the door.

"No." He smirks again.

Do you:

Try to hit him (59)

Or run for the door (66)