Chapter 13: To Key Kingdom! Keys the Prince!

F I R S T   A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ]

Special OST: Lost Song (Keys' Sadness)

__________________________

Chapter 13: To Key Kingdom! Keys the Prince!

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____

Karvella and I follow our friends through the arena gates. The crumbled marble litters the ground in pieces most splattered with thick blood. A flurry of noise explodes from the other side of the gate as we exit to see a mob of survivors and guards.

"Put your hands where we can see them and drop your weapons! Strike will be here soon to apprehend you for questioning!"

We look around at each other, none of us surrendering our weapons.

"If you refuse we will kill you in the name of Haine and to avenge the Alcalde!"

Ryuga steps forward with his arms crossed over his chest.

"The Crimson King? Why are you standing at the side of our enemy? Have you no loyalty to Haine?"

"In a dream I once had, my distant relative, Haine, told me that independence makes one prosperous. Stop trying to find someone to fill your role of God. I am human, despite the powers I have. Though not easily, I can die just as you can."

The citizens glance around at each other in bewilderment.

"This group of young warriors have freed us from the grasp that Lady Eve had on our fragile minds. In this time of war raging against the Caravala, she controlled us by telling us that it was tradition to kill innocent people and shed their blood for Haine. Do you all really think that Haine is pleased by the blood we have spilled?"

"B-But Crimson King!"

"My name is Ryuga Haine," he booms, "I am the fifth direct descendant of the Haine family. I would prefer to be called by name rather than title."

No one in the audience speaks a word as Ryuga turns to us.

"Thanks you all. You are free to leave whenever you want."

We nod and turn away from the crowd. The guards look conflicted between stopping us and obeying Ryuga. More citizens line the street, scrutinizing every step we take.

"Where the hell does this town keep the damn meat?"

I laugh at Karvella's comment, knowing how serious she is and how hungry I am myself. A small woman steps into the pathway. All of my companions jump into battle position. She flinches back with her hands held up in defense.

"Um...s-since you all did win the Alcalde had prepared each of your prizes separate in the treasury."

The woman is pulled back into the crowd by a man who could be her husband.

"Thanks!"

Karvella takes off and I follow her. Michean and Trance glare at one another as they take off, sprinting at full speed.

"Go away, bastard!"

"You first, hot head!"

Annicia runs along behind, shouting for us to stop. Karvella reaches the treasury door and yanks it open. A room full of glittering treasures of jewels, gold and other artifacts shines brilliantly before our eyes. I had never seen so much treasure in my entire life. I stare awe struck as Karvella dances around. She picks up a heavy looking sack and laughs boisterously as she looks inside.