chapter 50

Nandinis pov ...

We came back home, ride back was silent. I was engrossed in making a plan while manik umm..I don't know what he was thinking. But we reached home in a comfortable silence.

We entered the house, manik went to his room where as I went to muktis room to check on her and I found her room empty. May be she just now left to meet Rishab. Sighing I came out that's when I heard my stomach grumbling. Rubbing my tummy I went to maniks room to call him for lunch. When I went in the scene I saw in front of me rose my anger to the peak.

Manik was sitting on his room with those vitamins and calcium tablets in his hand with water in other hand. Flaring my nostrils I rode in and snatched the tablets from his hand.

"What the ..." he turned his head to towards me as I snatched it.

Instead of speaking I opened his draw and started gathering all those vitamin tablets in a cover.

"What do you think your doing??" He asked me raising his eyebrows.

I smiled sarcastically and answered.

"Thought of making soup out of these tablets, would you like to taste when it's done??" I answered in pure sarcasm.

He closed his eyes for a second and opened.

I gathered them in a cover and tried tying it but my actions stopped at his sentence.

"Nandini I need them right now" he said with a pinch of sadness.

"This is not what you need manik, you need food to get energy not these stupid tablets" I snarled.

"Do you really think I would be able to eat after looking at my brother drowning himself in medicines" he said bending his head a bit low.

Now I get it !!

He took these medicines cause Rishab is being medicated. God!! He is in soo much of guilt that he is punishing just like what Rishab is going through.

Ayyaippa help me heal him.

I starred at him a second and broke my trance.

I cupped his face and lifted it so that he could look into my eyes.

"Manik I know you feel guilty about rishu but raj uncle and nyo aunty are going through a lot looking at their son suffering in the hospital and I don't think they will ever be able to handle looking at their other son hurting himself too so please at least for them " I said with a ray of hope.

He took a deep breath.

"My head hurts, I need some sleep" he said removing his jacket.

"But food" I said. I understand what he is feeling right now but he needs food I don't think he ate something last night and morning he didn't touch any food.

"I don't feel like having right now, I will eat at night" he said moving towards his closet to change his dress.

I clutched the cover of medicines. What should I do with them.

Yes !! That's a good plan. I will take manik with me once he wakes up.

I heard washroom click. manik walked out in his sweatpants and v-cut shirt. His eyes were red and hell tired. I felt bad for him. He looked soo tired.

He came and stood near the side of bed where I was sitting. His face held hesitation. I frowned. What's the matter now.

"Do you mind if I ...." he asked slowly pointing towards my lap. I cringed my eyebrows in confusion.