TWIN

Wednesday 3rd February 2016

He leads me outside to the backyard. we stand at the entrance, if I can say that. I'm pretty speechless when I say it was huge. The best thing about it is the flowers. So many colours and there is this tree. It was positioned six-metres away from Colton's back door, the tree looked old, but not scary by any means. It's breathtakingly beautiful. I moved my gaze to take in Colton, who was watching my reaction from my right. ''Nice right?'' he questioned me.

''Nice, no.'' he looks shocked, ''I'm sorry Colton, but you can't call this yard nice, it's picturesque, who did the garden?'' I wanted to ask them how and where they got them all from. Colton looks relieved, ''mom did the flowers, she comes out when she has time to.''

''Well, she's done a great job, I'm so jealous.'' I saw sunflowers facing the sun, different coloured roses and so many others, I'm in awe.

''I thought you would like it.'' He gives me a cute smile that made my heart flutter. I was still distracted by his smile when I asked him, why?

''You mentioned it at dinner last night.'' He moved one step closer to me and felt light as I whisper, ''I can't believe you even remember me saying that, it feels like yesterday was a month ago.''

''Of course I did, but this isn't what I really wanted to show you,'' he takes my hand and I was blushing so hard, he starts walking over to the small orange shed and I obviously followed tightening my hand in his warm one.

He unlocks this door and lets me in first, it was dark, and smells of wood but, then Colton switches on the light. He still has hold of my hand.

There's this long metal table up against the wall as soon as we walk in. two chairs waiting for us. We sat down and let go of each other's hands. There was piles of papers different sizes and colours, all with writing written all over them. Some were rough, some neat and the rest printed.

I look up to see Colton starting to shift through some of the papers, he finds what he's looking for and, turns and grins cheekily at me while handing me the crisp piece of paper. I just stared at it, it was a roughly written. I felt bad as I lifted my eyes to Colton's warm ones, ''I'm sorry Colton but what is it?'' Not wanting to lie to him and be like, omg I know what this blob of writing is.

His eyes lit up, ''I'm glad you didn't try to lie, I know it's a bit rough, when I showed it to mum and dad there reacted the opposite to you.'' he let of a small chuckle, ''it was funny, I guess they didn't want me to be disappointed or something.'' He looks down and shuffles through more paper and hands me a white piece of paper instead, ''Here.''

Looking down at the A3 piece paper careful, I saw a tree and I concluded it is the one outside. With lots of small instructions around it and started read a couple of words that stood out to me the most, build, wood, nails and saw.

'Are you going to be building something near the tree?' I questioned.

''Not near it, on it, I'm building a treehouse,'' he admitted rubbing the back of his head. I could tell he is really passionate about this.

'That's amazing. Mandy and Jake are ok with that?'' I wondered out loud.

''Thanks, hopefully. They said if I got all the planning sorted out and do it myself, then yes I can get started which will be hopefully be really soon. I just need to get the rest of the equipment.'' He points are the left corner of the shed at the side of the door, ''I have the wood.''

I turn to see piles of wood stacked up against the wall, I wondered how I had missed it coming in, there's that much of it.

Colton started to talk again, ''yeah the tree is maple and is really old, it was here when my father was a child.'' Nodding I widen my eyes at that as I moved my eyes over the page, and understood it a lot more clearly, ''so this house has been in your family for a long while.''