Dancing Blues Blu

Blu

The day of my senior prom. Our senior prom since Matthew is now graduating. I'd been daydreaming about it all of the school day.

"Babe....babe, hello. Blu, baby..." Matthew called after me. I whipped around falling into his chest.

"Sorry, yeah?" I asked.

"Let's go, baby. Didn't you want to leave early?" He asked and I smiled. "Yeah, come on."

I need as much time to prepare for tonight. My mom told me to come by the hospital, so I'll drop by after I'm ready. Matthew linked his fingers through mine. I smiled up at him.

"You know I don't want to do this tonight, but I'll be on my best behavior just for you." He said and I squeezed his hand.

"Good. I have a trick or two up my sleeve, so I hope you're being honest about that good behavior." She said as I chuckled.

"Get out my truck and get your fine ass dressed. I'll be back by 6:30 to go to the hospital with you." He said.

"How'd you know?" I asked and he shook his head. "I got spies, baby." He said making me laugh. I quickly kissed his cheek and he drove off, leaving me to prepare for one of the best nights of my life.
********
Walking down the steps watching Matthews face made me giddy. It changed every second, but every look was of pure adoration.

"Woah! My babygirl is just....ugh...I'm blessed." He said making me laugh hysterically.

"You always clean up nice, babe." I said back and he kissed me. "God, let me check you out again." He said stepping back as I modeled for him, laughing.

"Ahh, there it is that beautiful sound. Alright, we have to go or we won't make it. Trust me." He said licking his lips at me.

The drive to the hospital was interesting. Matthew of course was steady trying to get us into trouble, but I really wanted to see my mom.

When we arrived I walked speedily to see her lying in her bed with a huge smile. Her room was filled with cameras.

"My pretty girl!" She said as lively as she could in her condition. I hugged her and of course Matthew made her smile. "Looking handsome. Take good care of my girl." She said. "Always." He said winking at me.

"Go ahead start taking your prom pictures." She said to me and I laughed. "This is for me?" I said more like a question. "Yes baby, go ahead." She said shooing us in the ginormous lights.

I hopped on my mom's bed after and talked for hours until I realized we were going to be late and had missed time to go to a nice restaurant.

"Matthew, let's go!" I yelled. "Wait, one more thing." He pulled out a corsage. "You didn't even realize you didn't have it." He said as I laughed.

"Hush, go get the car. I'm coming." He hugged my mom and headed out swiftly.

"Sky baby, have the best time of your life and never let that boy go. Love each other and work past your differences. Love, live, and laugh together, okay. I love you always. You're my baby. I love you." She said tears welling in her eyes. I hugged her tight.

"I love you, Momma. Don't leave me overnight. I can't wait to come see you after I get my diploma tomorrow. I'm making Pepper record the whole thing." I said wiping her tears. "Okay baby. Go, have fun."
*********
"Come on." I yelled at Matthew to come to the dance floor. He groaned, but came closer. I grabbed his hand pulling him.

I grinded against him; he instantly reacted by grabbing my waist and moving in the motions making me laugh. "You don't dance, but you just did." He just smirked, but continued on and realized just how big of a liar he is.