Prologue

"It wasn't even that bad," Gerard told himself a he looked into the fogged up mirror, tears in his eyes and he watched himself cry. "Pathetic," he muttered, opening up the cabinet below the sink, reaching for his toothbrush and toothpaste and all five of his face creams.

He made his way into his room, empty except for a suitcase and backpack. He placed what he had into the suitcase before zipping it up. He threw his bag over his shoulder and wheeled the suitcase, gripping the long, extended handle as he walked down the hall passed the bedrooms and toward the front door.

He heard his mothers heels clicking around the kitchen while she urged Gerard's brother, Mikey, to 'hurry up and disconnect the WiFi' because they were leaving soon.

"Hey, uh, Frank?" Gee asked, his small voice came out as he stood behind Frank who was getting things out of his locker. Frank turned around to see Gee, a girl he always thought was cute but never paid much attention to.

Gerard was holding his diary in his hands as he always did, he felt comfortable knowing it was in his hands, the black leather material under his fingers as he played with the small strap that went over the book, absent-mindlessly.

"Yeah?" Frank said, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow, well it was perfect in Gerard's opinion, wondering why Gee was talking to him as they had never spoken before.

"Well I was wondering if-"

Gerard's diary had been ripped from his grasp by unknown hands immediately causing him to panic as he looked up to see some girl he'd never seen before, but then again, he didn't pay much attention to anyone besides Frank.

"Hey baby," she smiled, kissing Frank on the cheek which instantly made Gerard's heart drop into his stomach. The girl began to open up Gerard's diary, causing more panic to erupt as he desperately tried to reach for it, feeling two strong arms around his own.

"G-give that back!" It took a lot of effort on Gerard's part to speak those words aloud to someone he barely knew.

The girl smirked, flipping through the pages, loving the look of terror on Gerard's face as she did so.

"Dear diary," she began in a mocking tone, "today I am finally going to ask him out," she continued, eyes running over the words written in cursive, "I don't really know what I am going to say but I'll think of something, I really like him. I really like- oh," she said with a somewhat suprised voice joined with a devilish smile.

"No-" Gerard squirmed in the grip of two girls who were holding him back.

"I really like, Frank," the girl finished and Frank's eyes widened, looking at Gerard in shock but, thankfully, not disgust. "So," she said, closing the diary, "you like my Frankie?"

Gerard blinked, continuing to make his way outside to his parents' car, throwing his suitcases in trunk of the car, before sitting in the front passenger seat, his back pack at his feet while he leaned back, thinking about the future. He was finally able to get a fresh start, a new life for himself.

He had deleted all his known social media accounts and changed his number

so no one, not even his old friends would be able to talk to him anymore.

Gerard felt like a mess, he should've known Frank already had someone, he should've known he wouldn't have a chance even if Frank was single.

Then Gerard realized, he was a boy, and he was aware no one else knew but even if Frank wanted to go out with him, he would eventually have to tell him and Frank would probably be disgusted with him.

Gerard didn't know and now he never would.

Soon Mikey had made his way in to the backseat, complaining to his mother about the fact that he wanted the front seat and his mother promised he would make them switch places hafway.

Their father was already at their new home in New York, getting the house set up with the help of the moving people they'd paid, and that was the reason Mikey was putting up an argument in the first place, their parents usually sat in the front.

Gerard looked out the window, as their mother pulled the car out of the driveway, watching the house get further away as they drove off, knowing it was the last time they'd see the blue painted walls and white picket fence and the beautiful garden their mother had worked so hard on.

Gerard felt guilty, he had taken away Mikey's friends, his mothers garden and their fathers job, and his family kept reassuring him it was okay, he couldn't help but notice a drop of some kind of sadness and regret in their eyes.

Gerard thought it funny how it had been raining that day, how it was raining today as well, how it had been raining a lot recently.

Gerard used to love the rain.

He watched as drops of water streaked down the windows like they were racing to the bottom, he used to find it amusing, silently voting for one of them to make it to the bottom first, but now all he could think about was the reason he felt the way he did.

"So you like my Frankie?" The girl smiled wickedly at Gerard, reopening the book and repeating the words written "He is so beautiful, magnificent, his eyes shine like fireflies, they're so beautiful."

Gerard didn't notice Frank blushing at the words considering he was blushing himself, embarrassed about this whole thing, wishing he could run away, but the girls grips on his arms were too strong.

"His face is beautiful as if God crafted his jaw line himself," she continued, getting louder as people began to crowd around them, looking at Gerard amused. "I really want Frank to make love to me, I want him to leave hickies all over me."

Gerard furrowed his eyebrows, he didn't write that last part, he never even thought about doing anything with Frank beyond the thought of kissing, oh how he would love to kiss Frank.

"I want him to make me c-"

"That's enough, Jamia," Frank nudged her, feeling extremely uncomfortable, never looking at Gerard.

Gerard didn't remember much after that except a few more made up words from Jamia as Gerard had found out her name was, before she threw the diary at Gerard, hitting him in the face, but he was let go thankfully.

He remembers bolting out of the school, diary in hand as laughs followed him out, and he was thankful it had been the last day he would see New Jersey for a while.

He had received death threats from Jamia and her friends, and a few mean comments from a few other people at school, nothing from Frank though, which he was beyond thankful for.

Gerard was thankful to be away from it all, at least for now.

-

Okay so I wasn't planning on posting this for ages until I actually had a fair bit of it done but I'm a fucking idiot so here you go, a new fic that will probably be updated once every few years bc we all know me and updating.

The title I can confirm will cbe changed because I have an idea for a title I just don't know how to word it and it's all confusing but whatever.

And chapters will be short af oops.