Chapter 13 ~ Wanting Love

Cameron's P.O.V (as requested by the readers)

I can't believe that I have finally found my mate, that she has taken refuge in another pack and not just any pack, the strongest pack around, whose alpha is a female. I would never have guessed that she'd be here, that's probably why I didn't even bother looking. I'm just happy now that I can be with her and see her every day. I'm not completely happy though, the only way that I could be myself again is if Jessie or Jay as she goes by now accepts my apology and takes me back as her mate, then we can get married, have pups and grow old together, just living our lives together like we should have been doing  for all these years.

I sighed; it would take a miracle for Jay to forgive me. I looked over to where she was standing with a few other alphas discussing the war that was coming up.

"We want you to train us so we can help you," Alpha Sage said resting his hand on her shoulder in a friendly gesture. My wolf growled within me, he didn't like the fact that that another man was touching his mate.

I could see it in her eyes that she was weighing up all the pros and cons of helping train all of them. I also saw that she really didn't want to do it. If I was correct it was because she didn't want them to sacrifice themselves for her, she would've made a great Luna. But I had to ruin her chances of ever becoming one by rejecting her.   

I was snapped out of my thoughts when everyone started cheering and whistling. I looked back over to Jay and the others to see what was happening, judging by her facial expression she had agreed to what they asked.  I can see the pain and regret in her eyes. I watched as she walked off into the woods leaving everyone behind. I decided to follow her.

I kept my distance, being careful not to make any noise. Snap, well there goes that plan. I looked down and saw that I had stood on a stick. I inwardly cursed. I looked back up to see that Jay now was facing me with hatred eyes.

"What are you doing here?" She asked clearly angry and about to burst.

"I just came to see if you were okay," I gave her a genuine smile.

"Yeah, well you can go now. I'm fine." She turned her back on me and started to walk away again.

I ran after her, "Jay wait!"

"What do you want Cameron?!" She snapped. "Can't you see that I don't want to be around anyone right now, especially you of all people." Ouch, that hurt but I was expecting something like to come out of her.

"Jay look at me." She continued to look at the floor.

"Jay look at me," I said sternly. She looked up with sad eyes, water building up with tears. "I'm not here to judge you or to try and get you back as my mate. I'm here to listen to you as a friend or as a stranger, whatever one feels better for you. I'm not going to judge or run away to tell everyone that the famous Jay has broken." She was still fighting to hold back the tears. "It's okay to cry Jay; everybody needs to cry now and then." It was like a dam had broken and the water began to flow. Tears were streaming down her face as she collapsed to the ground clutching her knees to her chest. I didn't know what to do, it was frustrating! Both myself and my wolf wanted to reach out and hold her in our arms, but we didn't want to scare her or make her think we were up to no good.

Jay was still sat before me crying rivers down her face. That's it, I thought to myself. I knelt down beside her and pulled her into my lap wrapping my arms around her as if I was protecting her from the world. I ignored the sparks that went off from our touch. I don't mean that in a bad way, I love the fact that she's my mate but right now she just needs a friend. Jay didn't fight me when I pulled her to me, so I tightened my hold on her and brought her closer to me so there was no space between us. I was shocked when she started to nuzzle her face and purr into my chest, it sent pleasurable shivers down my spine.

I stayed in the forest for hours with Jay curled up in my lap. The tears and long since dried up and instead of the occasional hiccup she let out a soft snore. I didn't want to disturb her from her peaceful sleep, so I slowly stood up and carrying her bridle style I started to make my way back to the house. When I got there I found Josh one of the triplets sat on the front porch.

"What are you-!" Josh started to shout but I silenced him with a glare.

"She's asleep," I whispered. Josh looked down at the sleepy Jay and smiled.

"I haven't seen her so peaceful in a long time." He said then looked back up to me. "Thank you."

I was puzzled, "what for?"

"For looking after her when she went off, staying with her, for bringing her home and for helping her sleep peacefully." He smiled again. I knew exactly why she was peaceful, it's because I'm her mate and we have that effect on each other but I didn't say anything as I didn't want to start an argument with him.

"It's not a problem; I'm just trying to be a good friend." I sighed looking down at Jay longingly. I looked back up when I felt a pat on my shoulder.

"You're an alright guy Cameron," he said before walking back inside. I was puzzled, what did he mean by that? I didn't ponder over it too much as I still have a sleeping mate in my arms.

I quickly and quietly made my way inside and up two flights of stairs before I made it to Jay's room. I opened the door shakily as it was hard to hold her with one arm; I went inside and placed her down on her bed. I took her shoes and jacket off placing them neatly on a chair nearby and tucked her into bed. I stood back and stared at her for a moment. If someone was to walk in now I would probably look like a crazy stalker. I smiled at the thought. I wouldn't care if anybody thought that, I was crazy in love with this girl and I needed to prove that to her.

I kissed her forehead before I backed away from her bed and stood in the doorway for a few more seconds just memorizing her sleeping form in my mind.

"I will prove my love for you Jay, and when and if you accept my apologies and take me back I'm never letting you go again. You are my everything and I'd be lost without you." With those parting words I softly closed her door and headed off to my room.