Far For The First Time

I scurried back to the guys. Phew! Their all still busy playing squirt battle. "Guys, I think we better get going!" I yelled out to them while a cupped my hands in front of my mouth to make a megaphone effect.

We better leave before that guy tries searching for us and then I have to do some irrelevent explaining as to why I left such a high official or what.

Sounds of rushes went to and fro in the water and the vegetated area.

"Okay guys! Time to get traveling." Neil yelled, "Listen to the lady!" He suggested to get their attention.

They all got out dripping wet, hair stringy, and clothes stuck to their figures like suction cups. I grabbed my bag and threw them their towels.

"Quick guys! It's almost afternoon!" I dashed to grab my stuff and get them all together. I also did the same for the guys stuff and stuffed their things into their bags.

"Why are you so in a hurry?" Roylin asked.

"Times running out." I simply answered to indulged into the task at hand.

"Oh.." He patted his head with the towel.

"Where were you by the way?" Pete asked.

"Just took a walk around the woods, and heard some interesting sounds."

"Oh, okay."

I pushed the guys,"Come on lets go!" I felt their wet backs, but I didn't care.

"Okay! Okay!" Neil expressed,"Angel was probably so bored." He whispered to Roylin.

"I heard that." I said. "Let's go!"

I got them up and going. They quickly got changed behind the trees and I already headed out. They would catch up with me.

I took my time as I walked away just scratching tree bark as I passed a good space. I scratched a tree with an 'A' so the guys could find me. I scratched a tree or so after a couple of paces.

On and on I went and soon enough they caught up with me. Roylin and Daven then took guide and guided us towards their home. The sky was slowly darkening and began to fill with exotic colors. Dashes of purple red and orange faded the sky trailing the areas the sun was at.

As we all got quiet, and I began to get bored I suddenly began humming the tune I heard in the kingdom I was in. Pete looked at me and seemed to analyze why I were doing so. Then I started to whistle thinking of the hoppy flute in my mind. My head then began to bob back and forth as I thought of the lively music. Soon my thigh went up higher and I slowly made my way into skipping. The guys looked at me like I was crazy, and really I would probably think the same if I were in their place.

I got tired after awhile, but the crowd couldn't leave my mind and the mysterious guy. It was so lively and full of life. I looked up the sky. It was a fading of blue and light blue now. The sky had streaks of clouds, but no more sight of the sun. A couple of stars appeared and crickets could be heard more loudly in the forest. Croaks of frogs also bounced in the forest and fireflies lit the way to our destination.

This has been the farthest I have ever been from home. I've never traveled for a whole day away from NewBegin. It was different. A sense in me gave me an energetic feeling farther in the woods. I connected myself to it a lot. But something about the woods..something about the woods that made me feel I belonged here and I was home. I looked into the skies again. Stars twinkled and formed in every direction. God was watching me no matter how far I was. He would keep me safe, and at peace. He created all and none of it will scare Him.

This is the day I realized I was far for the first time.

But I know I will be fine.
~~~~~
After our travel by foot, we finally made it. It was practically past midnight when we got to our destination. Hut like cabins occupied the area. The little homes and streets were lit up by fat wax candles. They flickered and danced in the streets lit up on poles. A couple of the candles were blown out by the wind and lightning bugs and moths fluttered in the village. It was very small compared to what I thought in mind when I got there, but it did not disappoint me whatsoever.