Bride and Groom (4)

"Signe! We need to go to the Wedding!" Signe's hand was firmly twisted around my wrist, grabbing and pulling me through the streets of LA.
"It's fiiiine! You know how early Amy is to everything, we'll get there with time to spare." Signe dodged around the corner and threw us both through the door and down the stairs of a busy pub, "just let me get a drink first."
Still holding on to me, she found a quieter part of the room and we sat down along the bar.
"I'll have a scotch on the rocks" she confidently yelled to the bar-keep, "and a..." She shot an expecting look to me, asking for my order.
"Uh-h- I'll just have a Diet Coke." I muttered
"She'll have a Bourbon." The bartender smiled, made our drinks, slammed them down in front of us and left us alone in the dim light of the bar. It was a dingy bar with beer stained oak tables, crumbling bar stools and green glass windows that dampened whatever natural light could coil its way through the feet of the people in the street outside. I peered cautiously around the room until my line of sight landed on Signe taking a smooth sip from her glass.

She let out a refreshed sigh and turned her attention to me.
"So," Signe prompted, lifting her drink and her eyebrows at me.
"I don't know what you-"
"Aw come on!" Signe cried smacking her glass back into the bar, "Everything Amy was saying about you ignoring her, everything you said about Amy. That's not nothing, Y/N."
"Hey you were the first to say anything about Amy!"
"I don't remember you disagreeing with me." Signe smirked.
I looked down at my drink, rolling the base of the glass along the dark wood, bar top. Signe took another sip of her drink.

"I know I'm not Jack, but really, you can trust me. Amy and I aren't exactly best mates."
"She made you a bridesmaid." I submitted.
"You think she wanted me here? Nah, I'm here because Jack's here and Jack's here because of Mark."
"Guess that's the one good thing to come out of this Wedding, getting to see you and Jack again." I sighed
"The one good thing?" Signe smirked again. I looked at her and shook my head, smiling.
"I know it can feel as if you'll never find the right person but speaking from experience, the best couples always find a way of ending up together. If it's meant to be, you'll find each other." Signe was smart enough to understand what someone was thinking with out the need for words. I drew back from my drink, regretting its' strong taste.

"I don't hate her." I said quietly, "It's just..."
"She's very lucky in life, isn't she?" Signe finished my thoughts, "She seems to get everything she wants."
"I just can't imagine her with Mark, even now. She's too.."
"Perfect?"
"Yeah!" I agreed, "Mark's worked so hard for everything he's got, he never has a day off, but she gets everything handed to her on a plate. How can he have anything in common with her?"
"Unlike you and Mark, she has no idea what it's like to have to work to get somewhere here." Signe nodded.
"Exactly."
We were quiet. Then Signe lent closer.

"So stop him." Signe whispered. 
"What?"
"Go to that wedding and stop him from making the biggest mistake of his life. Take him back!" Signe's eyes were lit up with the passion for a new plan and I felt a hesitant smile creep across my lips.
I stood up and drained my drink in one shot.
"Let's do it."

Hey guys, just a heads up: I've edited the first chapter to give it a different light, I didn't like how I had portrayed Amy at first so to get a better feel for the story id recommend going back to read the first chapter of Bride and Groom. (You don't have to)
Thanks for reading :) X