b. one

A leaf dropped on top of the brunette's forehead, and she slowly opened her eyes. She was laying on something cold and hard. It felt like a hard floor, but appeared to be the forest ground.

For a moment, everything was peaceful and the sun blazed, before evening fell, and a new source of light was there.

It wasn't the moon, or stars. It was a fire, blazing hotly against her body, though it was far away. She sat up, confused, before pushing up. Leaves scrunched as she touched them, and she started walking, wobbly, to the fire.

She slowly made her way to the fire, unaware of the danger.

A boy was sitting by it, a snake sitting next to him. Hesitatingly, she looked over at the brown haired boy. He seemed older than her, and the way he was sitting by a snake, completely calm... A chill passed through her spine. It unnerved her.

"Are you shivering from the cold?" the boy wondered, and she looked to him in surprise. His dark eyes seized her up, the same way she seized him up. Hesitatingly, she nodded. "Join me," he offered. "It's warm here."

Nodding once more, she slowly walked over.

The snake turned to give her a look, and she paused. "Nagini, she means no harm," the boy's words held unknown meaning to the two, as the snake relaxed. Sawyer walked over, sitting opposite of him.

The two looked at each other for a long time.

Dangerous, a voice buzzed in her ear, faraway.

"What are you doing here?" the boy asked, and Sawyer was surprised, before speaking carefully.

"I am lost. Woke up some way from here."

"I see," he hummed.

"You?"

The boy looked her over, glancing from the fire to her. "I am lost too, in a way."

"Is it so?"

"Lost in thoughts," he continued, something in his voice luring her, despite the chill she had to fight each time he spoke.

"Thoughts about?"

"Everything," he spoke, and it was no casual way of putting it. The way he spoke, it was like he really was thinking about everything there is to this world. 

The red of the flames danced in his eyes, and he seemed much older than he was. 

"I'm Sawyer Wilde," she introduced after a long silence.

"Tom Riddle."

Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, the buzz in her head was nagging and faraway, but it made yet another shiver pass her spine.

Tom was watching her as well. He wasn't scared of any man alive, but Dumbledore. But that girl, something about her frightened him. It was like a shadow that loomed over her.

Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, his mind called him, warning him to get away from the girl. But what scared him, made him so curious. Why would his body feel the need to flight, when he's never felt anything but a need to fight?

"It's dangerous to be here all alone," he pointed out.

"You're here with me."

"Who says I'm not dangerous?" he smirked, threat in his voice.

"And who says I'm not?" Sawyer said in reply.

They both knew. The other was dangerous. And both weren't about to back away.