Trapped in the manmade cage of a six foot boy

"If it makes you feel better, you managed to knock three things off your list in one night" Seth mumbled an hour later. He was spinning around in my chair while I lay on my bed, in a fetal position.

"What?" I asked dazed.

"You went to a club, you shamefully flirted and you danced like no one was watching"

"How do you know I danced like no one was watching?" I said slightly perking up.

"Cuz' I was watching" he said softly.

"What happened to Taylor" I said with a suggestive eyebrow dance.

"Don't do that ever again" Seth said rolling his eyes, "It doesn't matter. All I'm saying is that, you've now crossed five of the fifteen things off your list. Ten more to go"

"I really don't wanna think about all of that when my family is going through such a tough time" I sighed plopping back on the pillow.

"Come on, Bleu. Your dad made a decision, not you. You can't let the things he did affect your life or the things you do"

"Shut up" I grunted, although he made a point.

"Have some fun, pleaseeeee?" He drew the E out for as long as he could before I threw a pillow at him, "for me?"

He opened up his big green eyes and my heart soared. Well, with reasoning like that...

"Where are we going?" I mumbled twenty minutes later as Me, Seth, Talia, and Elliot piled into moms van. Mom thought it was good for us to get out and had thanked Seth profusely.

"Yeah, I'm not up for this" Talia grumbled.

"Would you guys learn to live?" Seth said exasperated, putting the car into reverse.

"I'd rather LIVE inside my room" I said from the backseat. Elliot turned to me and sighed.

"Trish, come on. Dads a total D~"

"Language, my fine man" Seth said jovially.

"Dads a...jerk, is that good with you?" Elliot turned to Seth who nodded with a huge grin, "This is what he wants. He wants to see us crash and burn without him and I'm not about to let him see that. It sucks, God it more than sucks, but I'm not about to let his mistake send me into a stupor. So quit with the lame expressions and cheer up, we're having a bon fire"

"Really?! Your thinking about a party after finding out that your father cheated with your mother's intern? Her Nineteen year old, intern?" I shrieked incredulously. Elliot had always been a dope but this was NOT what I was expecting.

"It's not a party. It's a Bon fire"

"Same thing!"

"Different words" oooh, he got me there.

"Doesn't this affect you, at all? Doesn't it make you sad?" I shook my head at him and saw his jaw clench.

"Dad, for as long I remember, was my role model" Elliot said staring out the window, "He was the person I looked up to the most, the person I always looked to for approval, the person I always wanted to make proud. You know why? Because I was proud of him. I just wanted him to feel the same way about me but now, now, I'm looking at a coward. A man who decided to throw away an intelligent wife, a set of amazing twins, and a boy who wanted nothing more than to be like him."

Elliot turned to look at me, "So yes, Trish, it does affect me but I'm ready to be the man he never was and stick by my family...To be quite frank the only sad thing is that you probably still feel bad for him. Dwelling on this won't bring him back"