When you want to avoid

Chapter

I closed my locker, while looking at the letter in my hand. This one was new and I looked around to find the person who does this. There were students walking past but no one looked suspicious. I saw Noah walking towards my side with Black and other friends. When they were passing me, he looked at me before looking down at my hand. He didn't say anything and looked away, walking by. I turned to look at him but he didn't look again. I opened the letter, moving with my back to my locker so no one would see it.

'Dear Nila,

You are progressing slowly. I know you feel a little better than before and I know who causes that, but don't lose yourself while you didn't even find her.

Maybe you should start working out. You don't need it, but it will do you good. Working out helps with feeling better and will also help you to sleep better at night. It may sound ridiculous but I promise you it is worth it. Maybe a walk at the beach will do you good. You may be scared of the sea, but you should know that the Power is even stronger.'

Power? What power did they mean? Who even wrote this? I shook my head while rolling my eyes and popping the letter in my bag. It just started to get even more creepy but I kind of agreed with the working out part. My tummy was a little too much and I hid it in my jeans. I looked at the chocolate in my bag. When Seda was walking towards me I grabbed it and gave it to her. She looked confused but took it anyways. We talked a bit before going to class. I wasn't really excited because today the biggest project of the year will be explained and the partners will be made. I just hoped Seda wanted to partner with me. The worst would be when the teacher chose your partner.

"Okay class, settle down. I have a lot to tell so I need every single minute of the lesson. As you guys know, you have to do a project this year that will decide whether you can graduate or not. Means that if you fail this project, you are not allowed in the final exams, which means you cannot graduate, which means you need to re-do the year, or even worse, go from this school" he said while taking in a deep breath. He looked at me and I felt annoyed since I failed the project last year and that's why I'm still here. Its their fault to pair me up with my brother who didn't give a damn.

"I will make the pairs so don't get excited already. Michelle! Stop looking at Daisy, you guys aren't pairs. Let me tell them real quick so y'all can stop looking creepily at each other. I arranged it at alphabetic order since I am not creative like that" he said, putting on his glasses and trying to find the names between all the papers he had. When he found it, he started naming.

"Seda and Stacey" I put my head on my arms and sighed. He was a second in it and it was already the worst. Now I knew I had to work with someone else that I didn't know. I looked over at Seda and saw her looking at Stacey with a smile. Soon enough I will be replaced, I thought to myself but shook the thought away. A few names later, I finally heard my name.

"Nila and... let me see, oh here, yeah Nila and Noah" he said, making my eyes widen. I blinked a few times and tried to reason that it must be a dream. When I realized it wasn't, I turned and looked into blue eyes that were staring at me with no emotion. I turned back and looked at the teacher, wanting to shoot his head off. Okay, maybe not that but I felt annoyed that he had to pair me with the one I wanted to avoid.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Random Interesting Fact:  I hate projects.