The strange case of possesion

I know this is quite a big story. But hey it's true. Hope you  all like it.

This experience happened a few years ago I am now 18. This all happened on the 10th of March, the next day was my 16th birthday (11th). I live in London and before this I liked to think ghosts where out there but never seen or felt anything to tell me they were. A little background on me, I used to be quite 'emo' now I'm just casual I wouldn't say I really have a style. I've never really been depressed in my life luckily for me I've always been a very happy person.
I had a girlfriend who lived quite far from me , as I lived in London she lived in Essex. It wasn't too far of a train journey, it only took me around an hour to get up there. Anyway. I went to see my girlfriend in Harlow. I got there, everything seemed normal. We had arranged to go to a gathering later that day with her friends. I didn't really like most of her friends but there was a few I got on really well with. Me and Jodie (my girlfriend) chilled for most of the day watching scary movies etc. Her and her friends where all very spiritual and took it quite seriously, me on the other hand liked to think about them things and how they could be real but never believed any of it.
Later around 6 me and Jodie had left to go to the gathering. We had met up with a friend, Josh. He was one of the very few I really liked out of her friendship group. We got along very well. We got to the gathering, they all welcomed us and we chilled, talked and had a good time. It got to about 10 o'clock and a big portion of the group were very drunk. Me, Jodie and Josh were sober. We were all around the age of 15 or younger so it didn't really mean much being drunk. We got bored and decided to go on an all-nighter.
See the thing about Harlow is its beautiful. Forests everywhere, a lot of nice walks, views and the weather wasn't ridiculous. So around 10 of us ran around forests, playing in parks, smoking. You know all the usual things teenagers do. The parks are weird in Harlow, you had to walk down a forest path to get to this massive drained out swimming pool. I thought it was really cool. We don't get stuff like that in London.
Anyway we where sitting there it must have been at least 11:30 by now. Very dark. I asked Jodie where Josh was as I couldn't find him. She replied 'text him', So I did. It seemed he was on the other side of the pool but it was so dark you couldn't see anything. I was a bit confused, why would he be away from the group, so as a friend I quizzed him. I soon found out that he had dumped by his girlfriend a few months ago, but was still in love with her. He seemed a bit stupid to dump someone you love but I didn't question it. I just offered help, he didn't want any. A little bit of background on Josh. He is a very spiritual person, his mum is a physic, I didn't know this as of yet though.
10 minutes later he just walked off in a strop again, I was the only one who noticed as I was keeping an eye on him. Me and Jodie were staying at Josh's so we followed and so did everyone else. I just thought he needed time to calm down. We followed for a long time. See the one thing I hated about Harlow is there are no buses. You have to walk everywhere! We came to a fork in the road, I hadn't been to Harlow a lot but I know my way around a bit. There was one road which was direct to Josh's house, and another road which was a lot longer. He took the longer road.
I immediately text him and asked what he is doing his reply exactly was 'diversion'. Again I thought maybe he just needs to clear his head, I mean I was having fun with my girlfriend so I wasn't all that bothered. Then I saw this church in the distance. Now Jodie and Josh had told me about this church and about some things that had happened. To be fair I thought it was cool. As again I did not believe in ghosts at this point so there was no reason for me to be scared. It was a weird layout, there was a underpass with a huge field and over a path was the church surrounded by a graveyard.
As we walked towards it I got a text saying 'graveyard time'. I didn't believe in ghosts so I was more then up for it. But I don't know how to explain at all. As soon as I stepped across the path I just had this feeling, its too hard to explain, this feeling that something was going to go wrong and to NOT go into that graveyard. By this time Josh had already entered. I damn right refused to go in. I said I'd wait on the field while I have a cigarette, 'go and get Josh' I told my friends.
I sat there on the field just looking at this magnificent church. I was just staring at the doors when all of a sudden this black mist just crept from the church door. That describes it perfectly, it crept slowly. Now this was all a bit weird but I wouldn't say I was frightened or that I believed in ghosts but I had to walk away. When I got to the underpass my girlfriend text me asking where I was. I replied and walked straight back up and saw them all at the front of the church.
As I got to them I realised... Josh wasn't with them. I enquired where he was and they said 'inside the graveyard' but that they don't want me staying outside by myself. To be fair after what I just saw I didn't either. So I gripped my girlfriends hand so hard. As I said before I didn't believe in ghosts, yet so I cant tell you why I was so scared. It was just the atmosphere or something telling me not to go.
As I walked into the graveyard I was looking around for Josh. My girlfriend pointed him out at the back, gazing at a gravestone. Now this was stupid. 'JOSH' I called. No answer. I just wanted to get out of there so again 'JOSH WE NEED TO GO' all of a sudden he snapped/jolted, and walked back. At this point I didn't know what to think. I was thinking maybe they are all just being assholes and because I'm the "new guy" they are freaking me out. As Josh got back I asked what the hell was he doing, he explained he felt something breathing down his neck. My first thought was why were you still standing there? I would have been running for dear life. Everything was getting a bit tense. The atmosphere was getting very heavy. So I was like 'can we go outside to chat, I don't like it in here' so we did.
We got outside and for some reason Josh didn't want to leave the church and go home. He told us 'something wants him to stay' at this point I was like you know what, your absolutely crazy, so I dragged one of Jodie's friends down to the underpass to escape all that stuff. I was feeling a lot better, chatting smoking, then mid conversation he lies down and starts fitting. At this point I was scared, not because ghosts just because I couldn't help him. All of a sudden he sits back up and just acts like nothing happened. I just said to him 'are you okay?'. He couldn't remember a thing. So from this point I knew I couldn't stay alone with him. We walked back up to the field and in the distance you could see two groups of people. This confused me.
I first went to see my girlfriend as any good boyfriend would do. She was looking over Josh who was lying there mumbling non-existent words. I told her I was going to see why Conor another one of her friends who I REALLY disliked. He was standing 10 metres away just crying. Now things started to get heated. Once again I got that feeling. I have never had this before. It was all overwhelming for me, I couldn't tell if it was real or they where playing tricks on me. I just hoped for the best and went with it. I asked him why he was crying he kept saying he didn't know, he was staring at the door of the church. To be fair I just wanted to tell him to man up. Instead I tried to reason. He then told me he is seeing a huge 7 foot figure wearing a trench coat standing at the foot of the door. I looked at the door and saw nothing. But after a few minutes of trying to sort him out I turned around saw a huge figure in the doorway. Then just as suddenly it was gone. This was my breaking point. I grabbed him, as soon as I moved him he stopped crying, but I didn't have time to think about this. I ran up to Josh, picked him up and we all moved to the underpass.
At this point I was just happy we were away from that damn church. Now we just had to get back to Josh's. Unfortunately we had to walk through windy dark forest paths to get there. Once again a feeling I had never felt before. It felt like it wasn't just us. I don't know how I could explain this but it wasn't just us. My friend Conor was rubbing his hands and staring off into nothing. At this point everyone was silent. Trying to piece together what the hell just happened, my head was personally all over the place. After a while I had to ask him 'why are you rubbing your hands?' He said they were dirty. After some inspection we saw his hands where fine. This weirded me out. I told Josh I don't want him coming inside. Whatever just happened was not fun and I do not wanna be around him if he is acting weird. So we left him outside on a bench just outside Josh's house. We were greeted by his mum it was around 2AM in the morning I was quite surprised. As things calmed down I realised it was my birthday, I was 16!! This brightened the mood a bit.
Later me, Jodie and Josh where in his room, playing halo when his mum text him goodnight. Him and his mum were very close so he went to say good night in person. After a minute he came running back. 'I think my mums possessed!'. Now this was where it got real. Now I knew they weren't playing with me. The mum didn't even know about what happened before so how could she be in on it.
My heart sunk. How could this be happening again. The three of us ran out onto the landing of the stairs, we could hear things being dragged and things smashing inside her room. All of us standing there not knowing what to do. All of a sudden BANG the door flew open and she came running out screaming 'GET THE ENERGY AWAY FROM ME!' Immediately I noticed her eyes. Her eyes where all white with a black pupil. There is no other word to describe what I was feeling but PURE TERROR, now I'm not really scared of a lot of things but this was out of this world scary for me. I ran into the room with Jodie. I was just in shock. How, just how could this happen again?
He didn't live in a big house so you could hear everything. Josh's mother was screaming in a demonic voice. Like death metal music vocalists. I didn't know that sounds like that could come out such a sweet little lady, you could hear her running her fingernails on the floor, it sounded like total hell in there. We all knew we couldn't do nothing. Josh knew for his mum he had to go downstairs.
We all agreed on it. Before he left I ripped his towel rack off the wall and stated to him 'if she comes up here she is getting knocked out' he went downstairs. We could hear him trying to talk to her, asking what was wrong. No replies just talking in tongue or a language I didn't understand. This scared me at this point my legs where un-controllably shaking and I was holding my girlfriends hand for dear life. Josh come back upstairs and told us that she wasn't replying she was in the kitchen with salt smashed next to her on the floor on her knees's everywhere and scratching the floor with her fingernails and mumbling unrecognisable words. We didn't know what to do. I had only believed in ghosts for about half an hour now I was new to this. We all sat upstairs when we realised we left Conor outside. Josh went to open the door and call him in. Conor ran upstairs to us while Josh stayed downstairs trying to talk to his mum.
Me and Jodie explained what was happening to Conor. He said he thought we were watching a scary movie (a scary movie after the night we just had no thanks). We where all listening in to what was being said downstairs. Josh was questioning his mum. She was still screaming and talking in a demonic voice, every time she talked shivers ran down my spine. I mean I even tried pinching myself, this couldn't be real I kept thinking. Its like something out the movie. IT must be a dream, things like this don't happen in real life, especially like this. How wrong I was.
Josh was downstairs questioning his mum asking her questions like 'who are you?' no replies, she was in her own world. Then all of a sudden Josh asks 'are you evil' there was a pause and she said in a demonic voice "no, you are". Now it might not seem it but this for me was the scariest bit. I didn't understand much about ghosts and the paranormal I just did not want her to say he was the evil one.
She said "you" (Josh) and then a THUD as she dropped her head to the floor and started screaming "pray for forgiveness" over and over again. Every time it made my bones shiver. As she was still screaming Josh ran up stairs to us and said we have to pray, in my head I was like 'brilliant idea, what do we pray for' then BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG she was running up the stairs. I clutched my pole with dear life but as she stood at the foot of our door I dropped it. It was just a human, it didn't scare me anymore, it was just his mum. She run in, grabbed Josh's hair and slammed his face into a book. As I looked closer it seemed to be a bible. Now as this was a long time ago I cannot remember exactly what she said but she implied for Josh to read whatever was on the page. Then she dropped back and tried to strangle herself with the pole I had dropped. I had to grab it and restrain her with the help of Jodie and Conor. She kept screaming "I'm going to kill Elliot, I'm going to kill Elliot" none of us knew what this meant. Josh started reading from the bible, everytime he read it she got a bit better. She started to come back into herself everytime. Until she was fine. Josh asked her if it was safe to go downstairs and get her water she said it was.
He got her some water and we talked about what happened. She said she had been woken up with a massive rush of adrenaline and as soon as Josh walked in her room she knew it wasn't her son. She said something was in Josh. She ran downstairs and tried to do some kind of ritual with the salt, she said she normally does rituals before she sleeps so she is protected but this particular night she didn't think to. After this she doesn't remember anything. She doesn't know who Elliot is or even remember saying it.