New Duty

My legs ran like a stampede of one hundred horses. My breath was taking in much deeper intakes and my chest rose up and down. My arms went up and down beside me as I sped my way to the castle. I ran through the vast forest dodging any arms of trees that were reaching out. I jumped over large objects and my eyes were focused on to the direction of my palace.

I finally made my way through, though time seemed to pass quickly than it did a couple of minutes ago. I entered into my city and ran faster than ever. No obstacles had to come my way here. I saw my towering palace in the distance. It looked dead to me, but a new light came about it. The same stray dog looked at me as I passed, but didn't bark. I guess I just ran so fast. Everything in me got this sudden burst of energy running in me. The moon seemed to shine much brighter leading the way.

I passed the quiet homes of my people and entered into my castle gates. They left it down for me. The guards eyes were wide open. I ran towards them not stopping. The cold air rushed on me making my wet body much colder, but I felt no cold. I ran passed them not stopping.

"Sir-" the soldier saluted, but as I passed him the rest of my men stared at me.

"Have you been robbed sir!?" He yelled out.

"No!" I turned my head around to send my voice towards them, but I didn't stop running.

Some of the guards went after me while the rest stared and guarded with gawking eyes.

"Sir! What do you need?" The man ran along side me hollering.

"Get me some maids!" I then thought myself as being dumb. Why didn't I just tell my guards to get my maids ready of some clothes for a lady, while I tell some to come with me to carry the girl? I stopped on my tracks.

"You!"I pointed like a crazy wild man.

"Yes?" The guard took a short deep breath,"Sir?"

"Get some maids to get ready some lady clothes." I worded that weird, but what was in my mind now was the girl.

"Sir?" He questioned.

"Now!"

"Yes, sir." And from that the guard ran.

I told the rest of the soldiers to follow me and obey my instructions. I left some of my guards of course. An attack at the castle would not be something I would like to arrive to.

I led the way. Some of my men told me to go in the castle and get changed, but I didn't listen. They followed. I walked out back the city, and my guards thought I was nuts. I probably was. I then ran towards the woods of Fates a known place for outcasts, burglars, and enemies. My men stopped.

"Sir, that is prohibited."

"You don't think I know that?" I looked at the man in the eyes."Well, right now you are allowed too. Now follow me."

I went into the woods, my men made questioning faces, but I didn't mind. Who would believe a topless, wet prince anyway? Especially, if the prince were heading to a prohibited forest contained with burglars, outcasts, and enemies in the night?

I ran and they all tried keeping up with me in their shining bright knight (night) armor. I laughed in my mind watching them clanging and banging about in the forest.

But we got back to her. Now she was all curled up in a ball. All my men looked at me in a different light, and did all I told them to. They helped me carry her and my stuff. They covered the fire and extinguished it and we went back to the castle as quickly as we could.

~~~~~~~

We got back to the castle and she's dead asleep. I worried she was dead, but I assured myself she wasn't. I told my maids to get her dressed into night clothes and let her sleep in one of the large bedrooms. In the many rooms in this castle, some were never used. Only kept clean and maintained.