Chapter 31.

I folded the letter up and left the library in search of Pedro. There has to be something we can do to keep Calvin from making a mistake or getting himself killed. Clearly the stress of this all is getting to him and he can't possibly be thinking clearly. It's bad enough that he is there in the first place, but then the fact that the king is actually fighting is even more insane.

I rushed back into Gordo's suite and barged into the study, all of the people whipping around to look at me with displeased eyes. Miss Angela had the nerve to roll her eyes at me. "This is a closed meeting, your highness, we don't need any of your help on anything else." She told me and I could feel the blood in my veins boiling.

I was taken back for just a second and then I laughed. "I'm sorry, who in this room is a queen, and who is the appointed official?" I asked her and she dropped her jaw. I looked away from her and over to Pedro. "I need to speak with you."

"Your highness, we will be finished here in just a few more minutes." Master Xander said politely bowing his head.

Master Pedro stood up. "I'll speak with you in your room." He said walking around the desk but Miss Angela grabbed his arm.

"Don't leave now." She said to him with a snarky expression and she tilted her long face towards me. "You don't have to take orders from a human."

Pedro looked down at her in shock, and Xander and Miss Francine leaned away from her like they didn't want to be associated with her. "I may be a human," I said walking to her slowly. "But I am a human who is married to your king, and you will treat me with respect, just as I have treated you with." I said firmly. "Now I say this meeting is over." I told her pointing to the door.

Everyone else got up, heading towards the door and I smiled a thanks to them, but Angela remained seated and folded her arms. "You're not my boss." She said childishly and I couldn't help but laugh in her face.

I opened my mouth to reply, but Pedro cut me off. "You may not want to recognize her has your boss, but I assure you she is, and so am I." He snapped at her. "Now you can apologize to your queen and leave, or you can be escorted out and to the dungeons."

They exchanged a hard glance, but she stood, then walked towards the door. Cromley stopped her from leaving. "Enough of this." He said angrily. "I won't stand for this type of behavior towards my queen." He glared into her eyes. "I will take her to the dungeons myself."

He grabbed her arm and there was terror on her face. She'd called Pedro's bluff and found out that he wasn't kidding. I raised my hand to Cromley. "Stop." I told him as she fought against him and he dropped his hands from her. "She doesn't die for being a bitch." I told him, then I walked over to her. "You just remember that it was a human that saved your life." I said lowly as I passed through the door, Pedro and Cromley right behind me.

As we entered into the main room, I saw that the others were still here, staring at me wide eyed and bowing with smiles as I walked through.

"You really should have punished her." Pedro said as we walked into my room, leaving Cromley to guard the door.

I turned to him. "Yes, well, I think the embarrassment was probably punishment enough." I shrugged. "Besides, I am really not ok with the punishment for everything being death." I explained. "Especially not just because she was rude to me."

Pedro sighed, obviously deciding not to argue with me. "What was so important that we end our meeting early?" He asked and I passed him the letter, chewing my lip while I watched his eyebrows rise as he read. "This is not good." He said.