Bonus Chapter - Ch1 from Lucius POV

As requested, I have posted my #wattpadblockparty post from earlier this year. I hope you all enjoy it!

When Lucius met Savannah

Bloody incompetence.

Shooting a glare at the squawking human blocking my path, I drew a large amount of satisfaction as the man stuttered and stumbled away in his terror. The imbecile would be the first to receive his P45 on the next chop list. The humans were supposed to be trained. They knew better than to get in my way. My time cost money and a minute of my attention was worth more than he would ever get to see on his annual salary. It was definitely more he would get in his severance package.

And the damned fool didn't even know half of what I was capable of.

Grinning widely, my white teeth gleaming viciously, I allowed him to see behind my human mask for just a second and gave him a glimpse of the monster which lurked beneath the surface.

The squat man's face blanched white as he scrabbled away from me. In his haste to escape he tripped over an uneven section of ground. Then, in slow motion, his body fell through the air and his breath left his body in a whoosh as he landed on his back. Score one for Lucius.

My grin transformed into a feral smile as I strode past the man. Making no attempt to help him from the floor, I ignored his nervous twittering and apologies and instead took those final steps towards the entrance of Satani Media with a happy bounce in my step.

As I got within touching distance of the building, I resisted the urge to close my eyes and bathe in the fissions of static which lingered in the air. It was intangible to ordinary humans but being the Devil meant there were certain perks. Inhaling deeply, I felt invigorated. The collective energy from so many demons was just like coming home – as close to home as I would ever get.

A woman, a solid seven out of ten, pulled open the doors to my Empire while fluttering her lashes in my direction. I smirked, running my eyes up and down her form in an obvious once over which would give Phil heart palpitations. My second in command and self-appointed minder was too quick to try adapting to the human codes and ethics. No doubt he would be screaming about tribunals and lawsuits if he knew half the things I got up to. It was why the old man wasn't privy to the majority of what happened in my life. It was better for his sanity and mine.

Clenching my hands at my sides, I felt familiar frustration welling within me just thinking about the older demon. He forgot that we weren't human – would never be human.

The old man needed to loosen up and maybe Miss Seven-out-of-ten was the answer. I raised a single brow at the woman in question, winking when a red blush formed under her skin giving her a rosy glow. She looked like she knew a thing of two if her answering lusty pout and come and get me stare was anything to judge by. And I was most definitely judging.

I walked through the doors into Satani Media, passing so close to the red headed woman she would be able to smell my aftershave and feel the heat radiating from my body but refusing her the body contact she desired. She sighed wistfully. I knew if I spared her a single glance over my shoulder the woman would have been following my progress through the lobby with her lusty eyes.

I didn't look. She was already a fading memory which would be forgotten by tomorrow.

Letting my gaze roam over the crowd absently, my eyes stopped when they came across long pale legs peeking out from beneath a tight black skirt. The woman was also wearing red – my favourite colour. I grinned.