Chapter 41: The Waiting

Chapter 41:

The Waiting

I buried my face into Kurando’s shoulders as tears welled in my eyes and ran down my face like waterfalls. I was so happy to see him yet so scared about everything: My mother, my father, the Academy and the Pure Blood. Jeez, everything I have to deal with in my life sucks at the moment, I thought holding him tightly and never wanting to let go.
   “Yuna, it’s alright. Please stop crying.” He whispered rubbing my back up and down. I pulled away to look at his face—the face I once loved.

   “Yeah,” I replied whipping tears from me eyes, “It now is. I’ve missed you so much.”

   He stared at me with a half-smile. Something was different about Kurando now… And I didn’t know what. “Same to me.” He closed his eyes in happiness.

   I glanced around to stare at Shiki; his face turned, he didn’t look as though he was enjoying our reuniting get together very much. I could sense jealousy coming off of him.

   I walked over to Shiki and placed my hand through his, “I’ll fight alongside you however, Shiki Senri.”
   He glanced down and we traded half smiles. He squeezed my hand and we glanced at Kurando; he looked happy about us being together?!

   Kurando must have finally accepted this then, I thought scratching my head. Shiki stared at me as if he could read my mind which spooked me a little. I wonder if Vampires could actually do that…

   Bane walked up to me and gave me a huge hug releasing my hand from Shiki’s. “I’m so glad you’re staying!” He cried pulling back and baring me a huge grin. Aminta came walking up behind him and patted his back.

   “It’s OK Bane, she wouldn’t have gone. I could see it in her eyes.” She was dressed in a long, silk, white dress which was longer at the back than the front. It was plain but seemed so bright in the morning sunrise. Her pale skin and white hair and eyes glowed along with the dress. She looked so casual and formal at the same time.

   “I think I would have gone…” I murmured shaking my head.

   She placed her hands on her hips and smiled at me, “I think you would have gone as far as the village, and then back tracked. I’ve heard a lot about you, Yamazaki Yuna, and what I do know is that you would never leave your friends in a serious situation. Especially one involving death. Yes, you’re worrying about your mother but at least you know she’s OK. By the time you might have returned to Cross Academy, we may all have been dead.” She said taking my hand, “You’ve done the right choice Yuna. I am going to fight and so is Bane. We will fight and we will win. And afterwards we shall celebrate?” She asked staring me in the eyes. Her large white eyes looked like a mirror into another dimension. They were so unique and vivid.

   “Yes we shall. I thank you so much.” I thought about what she said. Aminta was completely right. I most likely would have turned around. At least my mother is still alive, who knows if my friends would be after this uproar. If I came back to find Yuuki, Asuna, Zero and Shiki dead… I couldn’t live with myself at all. 

   “Yes! We shall have a gorgeous night just for you, Yuna! When we win it will all be because of you and your powers.” She grimaced and walked over to Bane and they locked arms. I noticed how happy they were—swaying with each other, nuzzling each other’s noses and necks; he complete definition of love or in their case ‘Puppy Love’. I really hope after this they build a strong happy life and live freely without pain and suffering. I really hope they’ll be happy.

We walked back to the dorm rooms and without any of the teachers knowing, Kurnado and Shiki both came back to our dorms as well. Along with Yuuki, Zero, Bane and Aminta. The room felt very enclosed.