two; one-shot // 1

The Warmest Mix
Fluff

Yoongi is blind.

There is no need to be subtle or trying to hide it. He has been blind since he was born. He doesn't know the color of the sky or the grass. He has heard about it, of course. All his life he has heard about colors and how they looked like, but, to Yoongi, that means nothing. The only color he has ever known and will ever know is black.

He knows shapes, he is always trying to learn the shapes of different objects so he doesn't have to depend on anyone that much. For a blind young man he is quite independent. He has never moved from Daegu, it would be so many troubles, learning new streets and having to count and memorize steps once again. It has took him near 20 years, but know he is able to move from Daegu on his own, without having to depend on anyone, even without Choo, his dog.

Yoongi kind of know smells. If he knows you there no way you can scare him. He can't see you but he will smell your perfume and recognize you. He can recognize his mother, his sisters, his dog and all of his friends by smell. If you change your perfume, he'll be confused and will ask why you changed it. He won't ask directly to go back to your old perfume, but he will be clearly annoyed for a while, until he learns this new perfume of yours once again.

Yoongi knows sounds. Sounds are his favorite thing in the whole world. He can tell the difference from sounds so similar you and me would think they are the same. That's probably why he was always learning how to play an instrument. He plays the piano, the guitar, the violin, the drums, the bass, the saxophone, the ukulele, and a dozen more. And that's why he is listening to music most of the time. It sounds silly to him, those love songs who talks about being beautiful and compare the beloved ones to colors of piece of art. But he is used to it, so he listens and when he doesn't care about the lyrics he focus on the music. Yoongi loves hearing people talk. He can tell so many things about someone's personality just by the way that person speaks. If he likes your voice, half the way is walked. He doesn't know the face of many. He is not one of those blinds who asks you if he can touch your face. He would make your portrait in his mind, judging on the way you talk, and it won't matter to him if it's accurate or no.

He loves to read. Well, to listen to someone read. He has this person who has the most soothing voice in his opinion, a person who records himself reading and uploads it to the internet. Yoongi is so grateful and sometimes would ask his sister to send an email to this guy so he will read the book Yoongi is dying to know about. He has all these books in his mp3, and every afternoon he will go to a cafeteria with his sunglasses on, sits on his favorite table where he can't be interrupted If not by the sweet Margaret, his waitress, and will listen to the book while he enjoys his coffee. His mom used to scold him for going to the city on his own; now she knows he is just fine.

That's how he met Jimin, his boyfriend.

Yes, Yoongi has a boyfriend.

He has never cared about gender. He couldn't understand the difference between a men's pretty face and a woman's pretty face. His mom has laughed when he told her, saying "not only blind, but bisexual. This is delightful" but he just shrugged. He likes voices. He falls in love with voices. He falls in love with the personality behind the faces. Well, he has fall in love just once but he doesn't want to fall in love anymore.

Going back to his boyfriend, it was one of these afternoons. Jimin was with his friends while Yoongi sat there, listening and drinking, and Jimiin couldn't help the attraction he felt towards the boy. He was mysterious, with his shades on even inside and looking to the window. And Jimin found himself coming again the next afternoon, staying until this lovely and mysterious guy ended his coffee and headed back home. He felt like a stalker, but he was too shy to ask him out. In the meantime he learnt that Yoongi has a beautiful gummy smile, that he likes his coffee with two spoonfuls of sugar, that most of the time he only listens to his mp3 through his left earbud, that the cafeteria must be his getaway because he never saw with anyone or with a phone.