Chapter 9: Hello In-Laws

Next day........

I woke feeling energized and ready for the day. First thing in the morning, I noticed that Adrian didn't come home because his office was empty. Also, his ravioli dinner was still in the refrigerator. I decided to leave the plate in the fridge for another day. If he didn't plan to eat the food, I'll have to eat it for lunch on the next day.

Today, I wanted to go site seeing and get to know my new neighborhood. I made sure to dress nicely and got everything so that I didn't get locked out of the apartment. {Should I leave a note?} "I think he would be able to find me. He probably put a tracking device in my phone."

I walked into the elevator and rode down to the lobby. Once out of the lobby, I walked down the street through the crowd of people. The streets were lively with people and cars. The streets were packed with cars that were trying to get to their destination.

Along the street, people would go in and out of the stores. Many women walked into the clothing stores because they were well known brands. The outfits were amazing...but, the prices were outrageous.

"A two hundred and fifty eight dollar belt!. No thank you."

Quickly, I covered my mouth and walked away from the store before anyone could notice my expression. The brand stores could really put someone into bankruptcy. To me, brand stores never really caught my eyes.

Walking down the street, I found a bookstore that was filled with people. {Must be a popular bookstore.} I decided to go inside to see why the place was popular. Once I stepped into the bookstore, I could see why people were inside.

"Wow."

The place was huge. The books filled the walls of the shop. At the corner, there was a little cafe where people could buy something to drink while they read their books. Everything was very organized.

"May I help you?"

I turned my head to the voice to see a elderly man at the cashier. "Oh. I don't need help," I said to him with a smile. He gave me a smile and a nod. "If you need help, come to me my dear," he said to me and returned his attention to a customer who was buying a book called "How To Get Girls You Desire."

{Okay......}

I started to walk toward the eastern wall of books.

"Let's start here and work around."

The section contained historical and travel books.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't wait to read my new book when I get home."

I probably had spent two good hours looking around the bookstore. I managed to find some historical fiction and fiction books that caught my attention. The store owner gave me a discount on the books since I was a first timer at the store. After the bookstore, I had spent time looking at the other stores that had caught my attention.

When I got home, I walked to the mail box to retrieve the mail. I had to say that the box was filled with letters, pamphlets and magazines. "Look at all this." {Does Adrian ever look at his mailbox?} I took the mail and walked to the elevator.

[Key Card Please]

I got my key card and insert the card in the scanner.