10-They Care....Really...???

...........Manik's POV............

"Yeh aankhen baadal Baadal, badal kar de"

It was almost past midnight and the song was still playing on repeat...Yes I had secretly recorded the song when she was singing it...I won't have a logical explanation to why I did it except that I felt it was the right thing to do at that moment...I can't even begin to explain how angry I was when Aryaman and his wife told me about the tortures that Son of a B***h Madhyam made her go through...She turned once before leaving to prepare herself..Her face was oozing with determination but her eyes had traces of fear which reminded of the first time she sang in SPACE...I knew considering the situations we are in right now, she wouldn't be as vocal about her need for comfort as she was in the past when she had asked me to hug her before her performance, and so I have to make an extra effort to understand her silence...As we moved towards the Back stage seating arrangement arranged by Myra, I straightaway headed towards the seat right in front of the mike...Our eyes met and the gaze was intact till she finished her song...the song reflected her pain and therefore here I am listening it again and again just to understand the depth of it...

"Mere jugnu wo saare, meri Dhup mere taare

Jane kaun si gali main chute, Huwe gum kahan pe"

Fireflies, sunshine, stars...!!...They symbolized US...She was my twinkling Shining Star who lit up the darkness surrounding my life....and as far as I was concerned, she told me once, I was her glowing Morning Sun whose warmth melted her cold fears...And these fireflies...they shined and glowed celebrating our love...!!...I wanted to tell her that she is not the only one who has lost them...they have disappeared from my life as well...!!...

"Na koi rehbar hai, Na koi rehzan hai

Apne hi aansu hai, Apna hi daaman hai

Khali khali shamein, Hulchul tu bharde"

This was another phrase from the song that got my attention...I could feel the loneliness that she felt...But I wanted to ask her why has she chosen that for herself...I agree I was the culprit when I pushed her to the darkness but staying there was her choice...finding her abode in the darkness or rather escaping from the world by hiding herself in a dark corner was her decision...My heart pained realizing the sleepless teary nights she suffered alone but then it was her who resolved to find comfort in isolation... She had an option of coming back but she decided against it...Why Nandini..??..Why..??...Why have you distanced yourself so much that nothing matters to you now...that you don't care..!!

Nevertheless, I know now I can't erase the darkness from your life since I am not longer the sun but then I will not spare the one who has made you suffered so much...Madhyam Singhania..You've messed with a wrong person..Nandini might just let you go but I will ruin you for hurting her...Just wait and watch...tomorrow I would push you so deep into the darkness that you will beg for a single ray of light but it will too far from your reach...

Thinking this I allow sleep to take over me as the song keeps playing in the background....!!

...........Manik's POV ends............

Manik's sleep broke with a phone call. He checked the caller id and picked up the call

Manik – Yes Varun tell me

Varun – Sir, all the arrangements have been made, the company had agreed for the proposal...the meeting with the representative is scheduled today

Manik – Perfect..Mail me the details..I will take it forward from here

Varun – Sure sir...You shall receive the details in 5 min..