My Reason; Epilogue

(Idk? Kinda a sequel? Ish? If sequels can be less than 300 words long.)

No matter how deep the scars, you can always heal.

It may seem impossible, but there is always a way.

Always a how.

Always that one person who you know was sent to help you find your reason.

He was that reason for her.

She was that reason for him.

They had met in anguish, yet they fell in love in earnest.

In the lowest parts of their life, they found their wings to take them to their heaven. In each others arms they found the love they never knew; the emotions they never hoped to feel. The hope that they had lost; returned.

While the darkness never truly leaves the heart, the light can overcome it.

He was her light.
She was his light.

---

Whimpering rang through the dark in the bedroom.

Link's hand found his wife's arm, and he moved his fingers up and down on her cold skin, "shhhh..." he said soothingly. He shook the sleep from his mind and moved closer to her in the bed. "It's a dream... it's a dream..."

She opened her eyes, looking at her husband with tears sliding across her face slowly; shining tracks reflecting the moonlight coming in through their window. Gradually her breathing leveled, and she stopped crying. "It's over..." she said softly.

"That's right," he said, one hand drifting down to her swollen belly. "That life is over, and it can't reach us."

Zelda nodded, meeting his hand on her stomach. "No."

"Never," he said, kissing her gently on the forehead.