Doctor's order - John one shot x reader

With every second the pain grew even worse. I tried to stand up but I simply couldn't. A kind young man helped me stand up when he saw the effort I was making. 'I don't have to go out on this stop, but I'll help you get out if you want me to.' He said with a caring smile and I nodded thankfully. 'Yes please, thank you very much.' I said when the man helped me stand and walked with me towards the door of the tube.

'What happened to you?' He asked as he looked at my wounded knee. 'Nothing life-threatening, you do not need to worry.' I stumbled out of the tube and walked away, holding everything and everyone in front of me to keep me from falling. Everyone was looking at me but I didn't care. I counted the steps until I was home again with a doctor waiting for me. Some people asked me if they could help and I gladly took their help. Luckily, I did not have to walk very far. I've never been so happy to find my keys and open the door of 221B. Then came the biggest obstacle on my way to home: the stairs.

I sighed deeply and tried to walk on the stairs, step by step. I failed and almost fell. In my almost-fall I screamed for help. 'John!' I cried out. The door opened immediately and John appeared. 'What the-? (y/n)!' He rushed towards me and lifted me up. He then dragged me inside and commanded Sherlock to leave the couch. Sherlock was bored again and lied on the couch but seeing the urge in John's face made him jump up so I could lay down. 'What on Earth has happened to you?!' John called out and rushed away.

He came back with a lot of doctor stuff and started to cut the fabric around my wound away. 'Do you know that goat I adopted because it was so adorable?' I asked John. 'Yes, but I don't understand what it has to do with your wounds.' John said and his fingers stopped working for a moment. 'Oh no... really?' He got it now. 'Yes, Bilbo attacked me!' I cried and saw John roll his eyes and heard Sherlock giggle softly. 'Sherlock, you know that little red bottle on my bedside table, take it and give it to me.' John yelled at Sherlock, who obeyed and ran out of the room.

'This can sting a bit.' John said and poured some liquid on a clean cloth and cleaned the wound on my knee. It slighty stung but I could handle that. Sherlock came back with the red bottle and gave it to John who used it immediately. 'That was a nasty goat.' John used the bandage to protect my wound from dirt and then looked up to see my face. 'There. All done. You're lucky to have a doctor in house.' He said. 'A very good one.' I added when he examined my arm. A few grazes, nothing more. He cleaned them in silence and then looked into my eyes again. Sherlock watched us when John asked me: 'So, now tell me. Why would a goat attack you?'

Sherlock smiled again. 'It's not funny, Sherlock. She's hurt and it could have been worse.' He shouted to Sherlock whose smile still did not leave his mocking face, nor did the amusement leave his piercing eyes. 'Well,' I started, 'I was feeding my dear little goat and tried to pet it when some stupid little girl pulled Bilbo's tail.' Sherlock interrupted my explanation. 'I already like that girl.' He said and John gave him a death glare. 'Sorry, go on.' Sherlock looked at me, still with his stupid grin. 'Of course he didn't like that and he tried to attack the girl so I protected her but then the goat attacked me by accident.' I explained.

'I don't think that was an accident, dear. The goat just doesn't like you.' Sherlock teased. 'Yes he does! He loves me!' I yelled in defence. 'It was an accident, I'm sure of it.' Sherlock started to laugh out loud. 'If you change your mind, I would very like to have a goat's head for an experiment.' Now it was me to give him a death glare. I rest my head on John's shoulder. 'I hope Bilbo's alright. Poor goat...' I said softly.

John looked at me sternly. He moved his chin downwards and raised both his eyebrows, a thing he often did when he was really serious. 'He will be alright and so would you. Just, pay attention next time and let nobody pull his tail again. This is a nasty would so you need to rest a bit. Don't move your knee too much but you have to keep moving it a bit. Within a week it will be totally gone. Take some rest, I suggest that you go to bed now.'

I loved the doctor's advice. Now I could take a day off my work and be with John because he won't leave me when I'm injured. Always look at the bright side of live, right? 'You will stay with me, won't you John?' I asked, putting a face on like I just got badly injured in a terrible war. 'Of course I will. What if Bilbo finds you here and attack you again? Accidentally of course.' John added. 'Good.' I said smiling. A smirk entered the doctor's face. 'Then I suggest you go to bed now.' John and I both giggled as he lifted me up again. 'Doctor's order.' He took me to the bedroom, leaving Sherlock behind with a look of astonishment. 

A/N

I know this is another story about John being a doctor, but just admit, that's useful and hot. ;-) I hope you liked it. Please leave a comment, it would mean a lot to me. And request if you want, I can do anything, even other fandoms or other persons from SHERLOCK. Thanks for reading and catch you later!

-MS