Lost Them

POV: Rob

Warnings: None

-Begin Chapter-

I watched from the corner of my eye the waitress lead my babies away from the table and into the café.

I was slightly worried that Preston and Vikk had figured me out but there was no way. I made sure to keep my back turned and my voice low when I was talking to the waitress. In fact, the waitress was the only one who had seen my face. She really didn't get a good look at it while I was ordering, I made sure of that, but when she dropped the menu she looked up at me apologetic, our eyes making contact.

I don't think she recognized me at all though because she showed no signs of it and made no attempts to gush like a normal fan would, so I should be in the clear.

After a few minutes I looked around, wondering if she was going to come back with them anytime soon. Granted, it might take a while for them to come back out. I can't imagine how much of an operation it must be for them to make all of their stuff in house.

I allowed a brief glance over my shoulder across the street to see Mitch and Jerome in the Alley way still, sipping coffee and eating something. I continued to look at them and realized that the cups they were holding looked very familiar. I had seen a few people walk out here with them. Shrugging my shoulders, I turned my back and went back to looking at my phone.

Then, a thought accord to me and I realized something. One of them had to come in here to get that and they could have been easily spotted. I let rage fill me. I swear to fuck, if one of them sold us out, I will fucking beat the shit out of them.

I felt a pain in my hand and I realized I was gripping the table hard. I quickly released it and took a few calming breaths. I was getting worked up over nothing. There was no way that they were spotted because Preston and Vikk weren't freaking out at all when Vikk came back to the table.

I shook my head and took another deep breath. I needed to control my anger because that is what drove my babies away in the first place. All the screaming and yelling, it must of hurt them so.

After finally calming down I looked around for the waitress or my babies and realized that I saw neither. Shrugging my shoulders, I finished my drink and returned my attention back to my phone, actually checking Twitter and such.

As I was lost in my phone, I saw in the corner of my eye a paper being placed down. I looked up at the person setting it down and realized that it was another waitress, not Sarah from before.

"Hello, my name is Angie. I will be taking care of you now." She said with a sweet smile and her British ascent.

"What happened to Sarah?" I questioned, feeling a slightly sick feeling my stomach.

"Oh, her shift ended." She replied nonchalantly. "Normally she would come and introduce me to each table before she left but she had something really important to take care of so our boss let her go. She is such a sweet American girl."

"I bet." I mumbled realizing that I had been wrong. They did recognize me and Sarah helped them get away. While I was sitting here, just casually waiting, I could have been following them and seeing where they were staying now. Fuck.

"Can I get you anything else sir?"

"No." I replied sternly, pulling out my wallet and placing a few bills on the table. "Keep the extra as a tip." I said, before jumping out of my seat and all but sprinting out of the café, not giving the waitress a chance to reply.

I walked to the front and looked around, hoping to spot the three, but with no luck. With a sigh and heavy heart, I made my way back to Mitch and Jerome.

Upon reaching them, they both turned to look at me, smiles on their faces. I observed that Jerome was wearing Mitch's personal Bajan Canadian hoody that my fellow Canadian rarely let go of.

"Hey Rob. How did it go?" he asked innocently. Oh poor sweet Jerome.

"They left. They figured out I was there and the waitress helped them runoff." I replied sadly.

"Oh no." said Jerome, sadness in his eyes. He set down his coffee and made his way over to me, his arms open wide. I excepted the hug and pulled him close to me as I sat my head on top of his.

Mitch moved over to join our hug as well, his long arms wrapping around both of us as much as he could.

I closed my eyes and breathed deep, wishing that the people in my arms were my poor babies who got away, especially Preston. Reminding myself that I just had to be patient and soon he will be back and in my arms, safe and sound.

-End Chapter-

A/N: Ok, feel free to hate Rob more. I understand. The next chapter will not be posted until the next 2 or 3 are done as well. You'll see why. I don't think you guys would like being tortured with the way the next few are gonna work out. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this and may your day be filled with love, smiles, and laughs.