Inspiration - Sherlock one shot x reader

'He won't listen to me, why don't you try?' John said, he sat desperately on the couch next to me with his head buried in his hands. 'I'll try.' I said. 'Don't expect anything.' I stood up and walked towards Sherlock. 

Just like every second of the day, he sat in front of the wall and stared at the pictures that were on it. Since Moriarty threatened John and me he didn't moved his eyes from his problem wall, and that was four days ago. He barely ate or drank or moved and John and I were worrying a lot. Days and parts of the night he stared at the wall as if it was going to talk to him. And, even if I told him not to use it, he used more nicotine patches than ever before. 

I sighed deeply and put a hand on Sherlock's shoulder but of course he did not look up. 'Sherlock?' I almost whispered. 'Not now, I'm busy.' I drew a chair and sat nearby him, watching him watching the wall. 'Please Sherlock, talk with me, two minutes is enough for me.' He sighted 'I'm busy, darling. Can't you see that?' He still didn't move. 

'William Sherlock Scott Holmes! I want to talk to you and you will listen!' I tried but he just laughed and still did not move. 'Sherlock...' I tried again.  'How do you know my full name?' 'SHERLOCK!'  shouted. 'Yes?' 'We need to talk.' 

He finally looked away from his wall when he heard my urgent tone. 'Where do you want to talk about?' His eyes stood weird, restless and the edges of his eyes where red like he had cried a lot. He was blinking more than usual and I assumed the source being all the unnecessary nicotine. His voice was harsh because he hadn't spoken much for four days. 'You.' 'Nice topic for a conversation.' He said and put on a straight face again. 'I'll give you two minutes to talk. 120, 119, 118-' I cut him off. 

'You've been eating almost nothing, drinking almost nothing, you barely move or sleep and we are worrying so much that it's dangerous for our health. You've got to change something and' I ripped a nicotine patch of his arm, 'you know I don't like you smoking, it's bad. You don't know what I would give to see you play the violin again, careless and healthy.' I said sadly, meaning every single word I spoke. 

Sherlock noticed, of course he noticed, and looked at me surprised as if he didn't realise me and John worrying about him. 'We?' 'Yes,' John walked to us and sat down on the ground, facing Sherlock. 'we.' Sherlock glared at me to John and back. 'You both are worrying?' we both nodded as if we were teaching a little child. 'And you would like to see me play the violin again?' Sherlock asked  and I again nodded. 'Play the violin? Moriarty is threatening to kill you all -no, not to kill you, even worse- and you would like to see me play the violin again?! You are caring for my health, why don't you care for your own safety?!' Sherlock yelled, scaring both me and John. 

'Sherlock, it will all be okay. You, the genius, have been staring at the wall for ages and still didn't find a plan to get safety for all. Why don't we stick together, ask help from Greg and Mycrof-' Sherlock cut John off. 'Do you really think Mycroft will find an answer? I'm the smart one!' I smiled when he said that. Sherlock and Mycroft always had a fight about who was smarter and it was just adorable. 

'We can help too.' John said. 'But refusing to eat, drink, move or sleep is not going to help you get a plan.' 'I agree Sherlock. If you go on with this, it will be the death of you.' Sherlock put his fingertips against each other and looked at my face with a thinking expression. 'Please Sherlock. Stop this madness and think it through.' Sherlock looked at me, now studying every inch of my face. 'Go away.' He said. 'Excuse me?' I said, a bit insulted. 'Go away, I want to talk to John for a while.'

 I nodded, stood up and walked away but did not walk out of hearing distance so I could hear John and Sherlock talk. If he wanted me gone, he would obviously talk about me. 'What is it, Sherlock?' I recognized the sweet voice of John. 'John,' Sherlock said, 'I think there's something wrong with me. I've been trying to enter my mindpalace for days but I just can't do it anymore. You're the doctor, what's wrong with me, John?' I heard the desperate tone in his voice, he didn't like not knowing what was going on. 

'Where have you been thinking of, what keeps you out of your mindpalace?' John asked. Sherlock's tone was softer so I had to lean forward to hear what he was saying. 'It's her. I- I can't stop thinking about her.' He whispered and I was sure that I heard him say my name softly, affectionately. I tried to breath but I just couldn't. He thought of me, of me! I heard John laugh. 'That's wonderful! I think that she has been thinking a lot of you lately too.' 'Really?' Sherlock asked astonished. 'Yes, totally!' John said. 'And I'm sure that if you tell her, she will open your mindpalace again. Just tell her.' John said. 'She is worrying about you, can't sleep at night because of you. Do you want her to do that?' John asked. 'No.' 'Then you should stop staring at the wall, talk to her, enter your mindpalace and fix this problem by kicking Moriarty's ass.' John laughed in delight. 

'How should I tell her that I love her?' 'I don't know,' John said. 'but you must tell her soon or you can't stop Moriarty.' 'Then I will tell her, very soon.' I heard that Sherlock stood up and walked a little. 'What are you doing?' John asked. 'Can I come back again?' I shouted and when I heard a 'Yes' I walked into the living room. 

Sherlock was standing in front of the window, he turned around and faced me. He smiled sweetly and started to play my favourite song on the violin. I always loved it when he played the violin, it made me feel calm and at home. When the sound reached my ears, it filled my heart and gave me a warm feeling from the inside.

 'That... was wonderful.' I let Sherlock know after the song was over. John wasn't in the living room anymore, I didn't know when he left but it probably was when Sherlock played the song. I looked into his breathtaking eyes and he looked into mine when my smile slowly ran away from my face. '(y/n)?' Sherlock asked with a nervous voice. 'Yes, Sherlock?' I kept looking into his eyes. 

'Do you know why I have been staring at the wall for so long?' I shook my head. 'Every time when Moriarty threatened to kill someone, I loved it. I loved the game we played, I loved it when it was a game with consequences. But now, when he threatened to hurt John, to hurt you, now I must find something to stop him. I've been trying to enter my mindpalace,' I raised one eyebrow, 'but I can't. Do you understand?' I shook my head again. 'Not really, Sherlock. If there's something I've done wrong, just tell me.' Of course I knew what he wanted to say, I just loved to play with him. 

'You've done nothing wrong. What I wanted to say is...' He sighed and walked a little closer. 'Is that I, well, kind of... sort of feel a strong affection towards you and... Euh, in other words: I love you.' I smiled warmly at him. 'I love you too, since the first time that we met.' I admitted. He smiled, something I had not seen in four days. He leaned in and gave me a small kiss on my forehead, then picked up his violin again and started playing. 

'Haven't you got a consulting criminal to stop?' I asked. 'Later, I have inspiration and need to write it down.' He answered and played a beautiful melody. I smiled. 'I'll enter my mindpalace later. Moriarty can wait. Just to let you know, I really, really, meant it.' Sherlock said, looking at me. 'Me too.' I smiled. He played the violin for the rest of the day with me and John listening. John gave me a wink and I couldn't stop smiling. 

Moriarty should watch his step now that the consulting detective was back again, stronger than ever. Sherlock watched my eyes as he played and I watched my sweet Holmes play the violin. I let the melodies fill my heart and smiled so bright that the corners of my mouth hurt. Oh man, I love this human being.

A/N

Thank you for reading, please comment and I hope you liked it. Sherlock plays the violing wonderfully, don't you think? Catch you later!

-MS