VI

Sam was Axel's son.

Well, not literally, but, she adored the pup very much.

Just as Luke had said, he had managed to drop off the little shiba inu within days of their first returning concert.

Sadly, he couldn't stay for more than a few minutes, but the simple embrace of a warm hug was enough for Axel. As, it was better than nothing.

In return, she had this puppy to care for, and it actually seemed like Sam made her life better.

Already working two paying jobs wasn't exactly simplicity itself, but, it brought money towards the rent and typical daily needs. Luke always insisted he took over half the rent, having a large sum of money from his jetset, rockstar life. But, Axel always rejected his offer, still managing to pay her half. She always wanted it to be even, no excuses. Her earnings weren't meant to make her happy, they were meant to keep her alive.

Now, she had to pay towards this puppy. However, she couldn't be more than glad to. Sam was glorious. He had the rowdy playfulness of a puppy, but he was easily laid back, too. He hadn't made any mess in the apartment so far, and, he somehow helped Axel get an excuse to get out of the house for once.

"Axel?" The sudden spoken-up voice spooked her as she suddenly remembered she was on a Skype call, with a friend.

"Huh?" Axel rubbed in-between her eyes and stretched a little, "I'm so sorry, Sofia. It's been a long day. What did I miss?"

Sofia chuckled, sitting back down on what appeared to be her bed, with a full bowl and chopsticks in her hand. "It's fine. It was nothing too special, we were in mid-conversation, but, I left. As, I forgot my ramen noodles were on the stove."

"Mmm, noodles. Not ramen, but spaghetti I mean, I love both--I just really want some spaghetti, though. I haven't had it...since Luke left."

"Treat 'yo-self, girl! Don't let him hold you back."

"Oh, I don't. And I don't hold him back, either. I mean, yeah, I miss him. I just don't know what's harder: Having to cook my own dinner, which takes a lot of time. Or, going out, that takes more money."

"Axel, when was the last time you even went out?"

"Well, I went over to Jabbar's office, took my son on a walk, and went to Applebee's for awhile."

"Okay, first of all, Jabbar is your flamboyant-psycho-writer-boss. Two, you also work at Applebee's. And, three, he's not your son, and it's an obligation to get your dog outside. Axel, you need to really get out."

"Sofia, I don't have--"

"I get it, you're Axel Morgan. Busy bee. Twenty-one. Working not only one--but two paying jobs and now, caring for a dog. What an exciting life!"

"Whoa, there, Sof. I, for one, love my life, other than work and caring for my son. Maybe, I enjoy just laying at home, watching Netflix, and wasting my life away. I may sound like a bitch, but I'm okay, with what I'm doing."

"No, you're not," she slurped a bunch of noodles, swallowed, and then, sat it down, on her bedside table. Now, it was serious, "instead of talking to me right now, or laying around your apartment, you could be having the time of your life."