XV

3 Days Later

David

Opening Tomorrow's door with the spare key she gave me I brought the flowers and food inside with me. Even though I gave her three days to get herself together that didn't mean I wasn't going to text her or even call. Knowing she was going to ignore I proceeded to blow her phone up anyway.

Putting the flowers in water I made her some soup and brought it up stairs with me.

Knocking on the door I opened it without her request and saw the room cleaned but Tomorrow under the covers with them over her head.

"Time to get up I gave you your long ass three days now it's time to get ya self together not just for me, but for yourself cause I know your stronger than this. So starting today we gonna get you cleaned up and moving." I gave her the run down about today.

She moaned and groaned and looked up at me with stress written all over her face.

Setting the tray down I went over to her side of the bed and pulled her in a hug.

"You can't let this shit consume you baby, I'm here and I ain't leaving no time soon so you gotta get use to it." I calmly spoke while rubbing her back.

She nodded and stood up to walk towards the bathroom.

This is going to be a long day

************

Tomorrow sat and cried in my arms for the last 30 min not saying anything.

I'm quite okay with that because she's not kicking me out like last time.

"Baby talk to me, I'm ya man and I need to know what's wrong so I can make things better." I said softly.

She inhaled slowly. "I'm sorry I'm just so tired of everything. With work and every thing. Plus today's my mom birthday" She struggled to say.

"Really where is she you never let me meet her yet?"

"She died....of a sexual disease 5 years ago." She cried softly.

Damn I don't know what I would do if I lost my mother to some shit like that.

"How about this. We'll make a visit to her grave site and celebrate it like she is here instead of missing her too much" I offered and kissed her head.

She smiled softly. "I would like that".

I nodded and stood her up.

*****

I've never seen Tomorrow so down but knowing I was able to cheer her up made me realize she isn't perfect.

She has flaws and breaking points just like everyone else. But I'm here to stay because she's a wonderful woman inside and out and I'm never letting her go.

Even being laid here with her now makes me feel like our building of a friendship was worth it.