Bonus Chapter 3: The World We Knew

Time for a Pokemon AU! This should be interesting, so hopefully you guys all know Pokemon. If not, you should learn about it. Here we go!

Oh, and I don't own the Pokemon franchise, though that would be cool. They belong to Nintendo.

~Life's so short and it goes by fast, we'll never get it back~

Third Person POV

"I've assembled the four of you here because we all have a common goal in mind."

~

Three people stood before the grinning professor. The blond boy was glaring at the dark-haired boy beside him who was staring into space. The third was a pink-haired girl who was standing very properly, but sending the occasional glance at the dark-haired boy.

"Welcome, aspiring trainers!" the professor exclaimed, spreading his arms as he looked at them. "I'm Professor Birch, a researcher. You all are here for your starter Pokemon and your Pokedexes?"

The black-haired boy rolled his eyes. "No, just the Pokedex. I already have a Pokemon."

"I do too!" the blond exclaimed. "My guardian gave it to me! He said it's the child of my parents' Pokemon!"

Birch smiled awkwardly as he turned to the girl. "Do you already have a Pokemon too?"

She shook her head. "No, that's why I'm here!" Then she smiled. "And my name is Sakura."

"I'm Naruto!"

"Sasuke."

Birch nodded. "Nice to meet all of you! Naruto, Sasuke, do you want a Pokemon anyway? I'll give Sakura first choice, but I'd feel better if you all had one."

Naruto shrugged, a wide grin on his face. "Sure!" Sasuke didn't do anything except nod once.

"Great! Now please wait here while I go get the Pokemon and Pokedexes!" Birch walked off into a back room.

Once he was out of sight, Naruto turned to Sasuke. "I'm going to be the Champion!" he boasted. "Which means I'll be stronger than you!"

"Not likely," Sasuke scoffed. "I'm an Uchiha. So you stand no chance against me."

"Well Sakura? Who do you think would win?" Naruto turned to the pink-haired girl.

Sakura only hesitated briefly as she looked between the two boys. Then she smiled. "Sasuke is the best! Of course he'd win!"

Naruto looked stricken. "But-"

"I'm back!" Birch returned, this time wheeling a cart that had three Pokeballs on it and three rectangular devices. "Here are your Pokedexes!" He proceeded to hand each of the kids one of the boxes. "Now Sakura, you get first choice! This is Treecko, this is Torchic, and this is Mudkip. Choose wisely!" The professor indicated each Pokeball on the cart.

After a moment of thinking, Sakura reached out for the Pokeball with Mudkip inside. Naruto glared at Sasuke before rushing to grab the Pokeball with Treecko inside. Sasuke only shrugged as he took the last Pokeball and clipped it to his belt.

"Alright, now everybody has their Pokemon! Ready to set off on your journey?" Birch was about to continue when the door to the lab burst open and a person staggered inside, panting.

"Am- Am I too late?" the girl gasped, chest heaving. "Sorry, I got held up. Am I too late to receive a Pokedex?"

Birch frowned. "Are you Kiyomi? You are rather late." Then Birch grinned. "But not too late! I have a fourth Pokedex back here!" Then his disposition turned a bit gloomy. "I can't give you a Pokemon, though."