chapter 3

"there they are," I exclaimed as we walked down the aisle.

we sat down at a booth.

me and Braden on one side and my grandma and grandpa on the other side.

"what would you like to drink," a petite blonde asked us.

"ill have a coke,"

"lemonade please,' I said after Austin ordered.

"So how's Mathew doing," asked my grandma.

"He is doing better he isn't aloud to do anything but rest," Braden explained.

We talked for a few minutes as we waited for our food to come.

"okay here is the cheeseburger and the chicken salad," said the waitress as she handed us our food.

"And here is the other burger and your chicken sandwich," she said setting down there food.

after we ate we decided to all go home and rest.

my grandma and grandpa fell asleep in there bedroom and I stayed awake on the couch.

it has been four hours since we had lunch which was at one Thirty, and now it's five fifteen.

Right as I was about to fall asleep I heard a knock at thee back door.

I hesitantly got up an opened the patio door.

"hey what are you doing here," I asked Cindy who was standing at the door.

"we wanted to know if you guys wanted to join us for our barbecue dinner," she asked smiling.

"I would love to but let me go ask my grandparents, why don't you come inside while I go ask," I replied opening the door wider for her to come in.

"why thank you," she said politely as she came in and sat on the couch.

I knocked on my grandparents door.

"hey what do you need lilac," my grandma asked.

"Cindy is inviting us over for dinner. I was wondering if you guys want to go," I explained to her.

"well sure but I'd like to shower and get dressed again so well be there in a minute," she said as she looked at herself.

"okay ill see you guys over there," I said softly closing the door.

"okay there gonna meet us over there my grandma wants to shower," I told Cindy as I inched closer to her.

"Okay we'll then let's go," said said smiling and getting up.

"okay," I said grabbing my phone.

we walked towards the door but Cindy stopped and said "ever since Braden meet you he has been really happy," and then turned and walked off again.

I smiled and blushed and walked off.

When we got to her patio I saw hot wings, burgers, potatoes, and more.

"Lilac," I heard lexi scream as she ran to me.

"Hi lexi," I said and picked her up.

"Will you sit next to me," she asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Aww I'd love to lexi," I exclaimed smiling at her.

I put her down and went inside.

"Hey lilac can you go get Mathew for me," Cindy asked as I entered the kitchen.

"Yeah sure," I said setting down my phone on the counter and walking up the stairs.

I got into Mathews room and saw something that made me stop and smile.