Chapter 152 - Art Theft?

Lins POV

We were going through security on our way back to New York, when the TSA worker stopped Abi.

"Sweetheart, we're going to need to check your bag." She said, and started to unzip her suitcase.

"Wait why?" I asked.

"This." She pulled out a small statue from her bag, "it was reported stolen from a nearby art museum."

"I swear I didn't steal it." Abi said, frantically.

"Abi, baby, what's going on?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her shoulders and hugging her back to me.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I need to call security." She said, and called for security on her radio.

"Abi? Peanut?" I spun her around to look at me, with my hands on her shoulders, "what's going on? What happened?"

"Someone said they were going to shoot you." She whispered, crying. What was she talking about? Why would, how does that connect with the statue?

"What?" I asked, "who was going to shoot me?"

"Him." She spun around and pointed at the man with dark brown hair.

"Alright Peanut." I said, "I'll deal with this, I promise." I kissed the top of her hair to reassure her.

"I'm sorry." She whimpered.

"No, don't be sorry." I said, pulling her closer to hug her

"Miss?" I saw a security guard tap her shoulder, "I'm going to need you to come with me."

"Okay." She whimpered.

"Hands behind your back." He said.

"Wait, wait." Lin started, "she's a kid. She's a fifteen year old girl." Were they seriously going to handcuff her? What was she going to do?

"Hands behind your back." He repeated, and I saw her slowly move both her hands behind her back, I saw a tear slip out of her eye. The guard pulled a pair of handcuffs out and tightly clasped them around her tiny wrists.

"Wait wait, peanut, it was him?" I asked her pointing at the man from earlier.

"Yeah." She whimpered.

"I'll deal with this." I said.

"Okay." She whispered.

"Shut up." The security guard said, and slapped the back of her head. He started to push her away from us.

I stood watching him walk her away, his hand gripping her arm tightly, as if handcuffing an innocent girl wasn't enough.

"Lin?" Vanessa asked, "what's going on? Where are they taking her?"

"Where are they taking her?" I asked the worker.

"Okay, well, we have to detain her, possession of stolen property." The lady said.

"She didn't do it, I swear." I rushed to say.