Prologue - Don't Touch Me!

Forgotten

Prologue - Don't Touch Me!

.

The little five year old curled back against the wall, eyes wide with terror as he tried to get away as far as he could. There wasn't anything he feared most than the man a couple feet from him, kneeling beside the fire that he had ignited. He had known this man all his life and yet everytime he saw him, there was always that unknown feeling of what he would do that moment.

He should know, should already guess what this man would do next but he didn't and that scared him. He was looking into the fire, as if the burning flames were enough to give him a picture a memory. The boy didn't care. He only knew this man was bad.

Very bad.

His eyes lifted to the door but his lips trembled at the fact that he would have to go around this man get to it. He didn't want to take even a step towards him. The boy flinched when the man moved his hand slowly and grabbed another piece of wood, aligning it on the fire.

He was hungry, so hungry his tummy felt as if it was squeezing, trying to find any last piece of food in there. He wanted water, too. His throat was so dry he felt as if he'd eaten a handful of dirt. He'd know, since he had tried it before. And his body, his body hurt so much it felt as if he was broken.

He wasn't, though. He was just in pain because the other bad man that left had hurt him. The other man had held him tight as he touched him. He had choked him and hurt him on his butt like the others. They always left him on the floor when they left.

His eyes shot up when the door scraped open and he curled tighter in himself, even if it hurt, to hide himself from the big men that came in. One of them nodded at him and laughed, the others smiling with him. The tallest one had a stick with him, black and long.

"What took you so long?" the bad man asked, standing up as he yanked the stick from the other man, who swallowed. "I asked for this an hour ago."

"Jimmy couldn't find it" the other bad man said, swallowing.

The bad man looked down at the stick before squatting down and placing the bigger end, with a shape, into the fire. The little boy watched it in fear as he moved it around, before very, very slowly it turned red. Even then, the bad man left it a while longer, letting it turn a bright Orange.

Finally, the bad man turned to him and the little boy felt warm tears trail down his cheeks when he smiled. He'd smiled at him before and it never ended good. He had smiled at him before and then he had touched him the first time. it had hurt a lot. "Bring him" the bad man ordered.

The little boy cried as two big men grabbed him and yanked him up, towards the bad man. He screamed as he tried to get away as saw the bad man turn to him with the glowing stick in his hands. "No!" he sobbed, crying harder when the man yanked him by the arm and he felt it pop. Don't touch me!

The men yanked his shirt and he cried when they ripped it. "I always mark my property, boy" the bad man said before he turned the glowing stick to him and pressed it into his shoulder.

.