Chapter 32.

It didn't take the designers long to transform Gordo's suite for us. I had decided when they started to bring things into mine and Calvin's room that I didn't want them to rearrange anything in there. I was holding tightly to the memories of he and I that had happened in that room, and I didn't want to lose them. Instead, we cleared out the living area in the suite and added three beds, a table, and some other things for us to keep busy with.

Pedro had insisted that the lockdown be taken very seriously. So seriously that he didn't want me or the other girls leaving the room at all. There hadn't been any incidents here, but we took all the precautions that were necessary to keep one from happening. Despite Calvin's request, we did still send a handful of men to Calvin's last known location in Germany, but they were nowhere to be found. Only signs of a heavy battle and dozens of left over pyres were there. All broadcasts had been suspended until we had further news. For now, all the people know is that the conflict is still ongoing, but they don't know that the King and his men are missing.

I sat up in my little bed, slowly stretching my hands up over my head. I remember at first when Calvin left, the days seemed to drag and drag, but now, with a deadline of one month looming, each day seemed to just quickly fold right into the next. I sighed, lowering my arms and looking around to see Tessa and Greer still sound asleep in their beds. I'm always the first one up, and the last one to go to bed. I'm too afraid to sleep too long and get even closer to the last day.

I quietly tiptoe across the room and into the study, only glancing for a moment at the calendar hanging on the back of the door. Four more days until the end of August and the end of my time here. I never would have thought I'd want to stay, but somehow or another this place became home. I never felt that way about Drighten. It was always just a place to me. I know that it's Calvin that makes this place feel like home, but even if something happened to him, I can't imagine just leaving now.

"Hey." A quiet voice whispered, but I jumped anyway, bringing my hand to my chest.

"God, you scared me." I told Tessa while she strutted over to the chair in front of the desk and sat down, draping her legs over the arm.

I walked over to sit in the chair beside her the same way. She turned her head to the calendar and frowned her pouty lips. "You good?" She asked.

I nodded, trying to appear unaffected. "He's coming back." I said confidently.

She shook her feet. "I'm sure he will...but," She paused, narrowing her eyes. "Can I go with you?"

I sighed, brushing my hair behind my ear. "You don't even know where I'll be going." I pointed out.

"I know." She said rolling her eyes. "But if it won't be safe here for you anymore, then I highly doubt it would be safe for me or Greer either." She whispered, her eyes begging me.

"She's right."

Tessa and I both jumped, gasping. "God, Greer!" I yelled. "You scared the pee out of us." I said looking over to her lingering in the doorway, still in her yellow night gown.

Greer shrugged, coming to sit in the floor between mine and Tessa's chairs with a devious smile. "Can we though?" She said, giving me puppy dog eyes. "I want to go with you, too." She said putting her hand up on top of mine and squeezing.

I looked down at her and then over at Tessa. "You're both asking the wrong person." I told them. "I'm fine with you coming with me, but I don't know what the plan is. All I know is that in four days Pedro will be taking me somewhere."

The three of us all jumped again when a man's voice came from the living area. "Who is talking about me?" Pedro said playfully as he came into the study.