Chapter 3 - Twin?

Forgotten 

Chapter 3 - Twin? 

.

I was literally surrounded when I shifted back into my wolf, tucking in my tail when the largest wolf growled at me. He turned and began walking away, not a single wolf moving an inch until I began following the wolf. There were two of them on my left, right, and behind me. There wasn't an exit for me even if I wanted to. 

Instead, I try not to lean too much in my wounded leg and soon it doesn't hurt much so I can easily keep up with the slow pace. The wolves don't say anything, at least not that I notice. They also stare at me as if they still couldn't believe I was me. And why in the world did they keep calling me Aaron? I'd know if I was Aaron. I wasn't Aaron. 

Soon the trees begin to dense out and I blink when we reach the edge of the trees, a fenced house up the road. I pause at the edge of the trees and the wolves snarl, which makes me keep walking. I stare at the house in awe- it was so big. As we approach the fence, it opens and I jump a little when it moves aside. I sniff at the floor where it was before I'm basically pushed inside. 

That causes a couple people standing by to turn and I try to hide myself with the surrounding wolves. The man in front of me shifts and the others follow, finally keeping a wide circle around me. I stare around in fear and try not to panic at the many new scents, the whispers, the sounds. What's going on?

"You brought a rogue in here?" an unfamiliar voice asks, but it held such an effect on me my ears flattened on their own. 

The man that threatened me crossed his arms as he tilted his head to the house, "Where's Aaron? He needs to see this. So do you and Denise." 

"What's this rogue got to do with my son?" the man demands, his sharp eyes studying me in distrust. I look away and instead jump when a shirt is thrown at me. They don't have to tell me they wanted me to shift. Besides, I would never be able to fight or outrun anyone while in here. "Aaron what is this about?" 

"I don't know" another new, more younger voice says as steps approach. I hear another set and I know that it was the woman they called. What did they want with me? Why couldn't they let me go? 

"Shift" the man demands, turning to look down at me and I hunch my shoulders a little, backing up a step. "No one is going to hurt you, but if you don't shift right now, I'm going to make you." 

No thank you. I can do it myself. I let the voice help me shift into my human form and before I know it I'm looking down at the shirt they threw me. I grab it and carefully pull it over my head, standing before it was even all the way down. Once my head and hands enter the holes, I look up and that is when I completely and utterly freeze. 

I'm staring at myself... but not quite. 

Richard has mirrors in the bathroom where he lets us clean up. I've seen myself and even if there wasn't much about me, I knew who I was. This... person was also me. There were two of me? 

The other me was... cleaner, stronger. He looked like he could easily take me down. His hair was smoother, softer. His eyes were bright, they were such a lighter blue than mine. His skin was a little darker than mine- only a tiny bit. His face looked like mine. There was no mistake that he was me- or was I him? 

I knew what he was seeing, my hair was dirty, my skin was lighter but dirty, my eyes weren't bright and my hair was tangled. I was sure that he didn't have a brand on his shoulder like me. 

His lips part and I watch with wide eyes as he takes a small step, shaking his head almost as if he didn't want to believe it. I couldn't believe it either. He took a couple more and I tensed when he stopped a couple inches from me. His hand raised to probably touch me but I jerked back, a snarl similar to my wolf leaving my lips. He jumps back at the sound and I look around, seeing this as my only escape ever.