Chapter 28

Luna.

"You're one hundred percent sure about this." Kol asked me as we walked down the pathway towards Elena's house with our hands linked. I leaned my head slightly on him as Elijah lead the way a few feet in front of us. I nodded and he pecked the top of my head. "Alright. I'm here with you." He reminded.

"I know, thank you." I smiled as I felt him squeeze my shoulder slightly at my words. "You're the best." I whispered up to him and he smiled at me. We then stopped walking and I looked up to see the Gilbert house stood in front of us.

Elijah raised his fist to the door and knocked three times.

There was a few moments of silence and I heard faint footsteps approaching the door from inside. "Elijah! I'm glad you cam-" Elena cut herself off as she notice Kol and I stood behind Elijah.

"Elena! Hello. I hope you don't mind the fact I have brought Kol and Luna with me. You see, you and your friends have this tendency of attacking our family and.." He paused, glancing to me. "Let's say.. honorary members of our family. I felt the need to bring... help of some sorts." I couldn't help but smile as Elijah said I was basically family to him.

She looked at us nervously and nodded, stepping to the side. Elijah stepped into the house and I followed. I paused when I heard a slight buzz noise and glanced back to see Kol was still behind the front door. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked to Elena. 

Elena shied down from my stare - Stefan and Damon weren't here to protect her now so she had to face me alone. "Are you going to invite him in or not?" I asked skeptically as Elena shifted on the spot. I looked to Kol and rolled my eyes at her antics, to which he laughed at. "Elena." I snapped and she looked up at me, shocked I had spoken to her in such a tone.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Come in, Kol."

Kol smirked as he stepped over the doorstep and into the house. "Lovely and cosy in here." Kol spoke sarcastically as he shut the door behind himself before resting his arm on my hip. Elena nodded and spoke to Elijah, leading him into the kitchen.

I followed behind them, feeling Kol staying still and I glanced to see he was taking his jacket off. I laughed slightly at his actions and stepped into the kitchen, looking around before my eyes landed on Jeremy. I hadn't seen him since he had spoke bad about my mother and threw his plate at me.

We had an awkward stare down before he spoke. "Luna.. I'm sor-"

He was cut off suddenly and I glanced behind me, seeing Kol smirking as he leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. He then winked at me casually and I smiled, looking back to Jeremy. "Elena! Why the hell did you invite him in" He's going to kill me."

"To be honest.. I probably wi-"

"He won't." I cut off Kol's sentence, giving him a look as he pouted at my declaration.

We had a slight glare off before he let out a large sigh and held up his hands innocently. "Fine. I won't kill anyone!" He smiled playfully and I raised my eyebrow at him. "Okay. I won'y hurt anyone." He spoke and I smiled at him. "So why was Elijah called here?" Kol asked and I nodded, looking back to Elena for an answer.

She ran her hand through her hair nervously, as if debating whether to tell us or not. She then sighed dramatically and began to speak. "It's Alaric." I frowned at this. I may be upset with Jeremy and Elena but Alaric had done nothing. "Something is wrong with him." She frowned as she spoke and I furrowed my brow.

"Wrong? How?" I asked and Elena looked at me.

"I- I don't know," She ran her hands through her hair, pushing it from her face. "You know those council murders and everything?" I nodded. "Well Meredith thinks that 'Ric has something to do with them..." She whispered and I raised my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Kol asked from behind me, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me back to him.

She looked to Kol nervously before answering. "You know how he has that Gilbert ring that prevents him from dying by anything supernatural with it on?" She asked and I nodded, remembering how Elena had given it to him - knowing it wouldn't work on her as she was a doppelganger. "Meredith and I think that he may have died a few too many times with it on."

I pursed my lips at this, glancing to Elijah then Jeremy, seeing them both staring into the distance, probably thinking of something. "You're still wearing yours?" I asked, motioning to Jeremy's ring on his finger. He looked to me and over my face, studying my expression.

"I mean, there are a few crazy vampires and hybrids in this town that could just pop up out of nowhere and kill me." He shrugged, glancing behind me at Kol. I felt Kol tighten his fingers on my waist before slowly releasing his grip.

"I promised I wouldn't," Kol spoke.

Jeremy let out a dry laugh at Kol's statement. "Yeah, but how long is that gonna last, huh?" Jeremy asked with a snap, glaring at me quickly and I tightened my fist at the look he gave me. "I mean she does move on pretty fast - you probably do too. The sluts, how perfect."

My mouth dropped at this and I felt Kol's fingers dig deep into my skin and I hissed slightly at the pain and he quickly moved them out of me. "Excuse you, Jeremy, If I remember correctly, you were the one who wanted to break it off with me!" I exclaimed loudly, feeling Kol pull me back as I tried to get closer to Jeremy who flinched at my actions. "A bit too controlling for you did you say?!" I growled loudly, feeling myself getting angry.

"Luna!" Elijah yelled and I gritted my teeth angrily.

"Hey." Kol pulled me straight back, flush against his stomach as he leaned down to my ear. "Calm down, baby." He whispered softly, holding me in place with his stupid vampire strength. "If I can't kill him - you can't." He rubbed his fingers against my hips soothingly and I relaxed.

"You." Kol spoke, pointing an accusing finger at Jeremy once I had calmed down. "I may have promised her, but I swear to God if you hurt her one more fucking time - I will not hesitate to rip out your internal organs." Jeremy's face dropped at Kol's words and I hugged back into my boyfriend as he petted my hair softly.

"Alright. Can we keep this civil?" Elijah asked with his oh so noble tone and I nodded, keeping my face buried in Kol's chest - trying to keep my temper calm so I wouldn't hurt anyone. It may not be the full moon but I was for sure feeling like it was.

There was silence for a few seconds and Kol rested his chin on my head.

"Okay... Elijah, I called you because I wanted to know if you knew of anyone who had the same problem.. and how they got out of their crazy phase or whatever if they did...?" She asked and I glanced up to see Jeremy slumped against the counter and Elijah and Elena looking towards each other, her waiting for his answer.

"I'm sorry, Elena. I don't believe I have." Elijah spoke with a sad tone.

I looked up to Kol, silently asking if he knew of anyone considering him and his siblings didn't spend too much time together, only near the time where they had daggered him. Kol shook his head sympathetically and I nodded, letting out a small yawn. I don't know why I was so tired, I have done literally nothing today - aside from watch movies with Kol and lie in his bed. "Tired?" Kol asked, raising my chin with his finger. I nodded slightly, my eyes drooping slightly and he nodded back, moving me back to his chest and I clung to his hoodie.

"We're gonna get going - apologies we couldn't help with your problem." Kol spoke and lifted me slightly, moving me into bridal style. I blinked my eyes open, waving slightly to Elijah and Elena, ignoring Jeremy - still upset at his words. "I'll see you at home, brother." Kol spoke and I closed my eyes, knowing he was about to vamp-speed.

"Goodbye guys. Sleep well."

______________________________

jeremy is such a little bitch in this, smh

also.. poor ric :(