Chapter 36- The Betrayal (Part 2)

Partially naked with his chest bare and on display, his hair was slightly ruffled as if he was jostled awake from a temporary nap.  The blue-green of his eyes darkened as his eyes soaked in her appearance.   Never breaking eye contact he hooked the gun behind his back and into the seam of his pants. 

Descending slowly he kept his eyes on Camelia.  She was sure she looked the picture of a grotesque masterpiece with her swollen eyes, turned down lips and reddened skin. The perfect picture of pure anguish and she could not bare to have him see her like that.

Automatically backing away from him, she turned, covering her mouth with a closed fist. 

Liam and Stefan shared a look.  A silent communication passes between them.  Liam nods to him and glanced at Camelia's back.  "I'll leave you two alone."  Was all he said and turned to leave, disappearing back into the hallway. 

She stiffens as she hears Liam's retreating steps.  Had she known he was going to her bring to Stefan's home, she wouldn't have come.  He was the last person she wanted to see.  No wonder he didn't reveal that extra bit of information and she never bothered push the issue.

A uncomfortable silence was the only sound in the large open room.  Whatever welcoming feeling she felt earlier jumped right out the window.  She didn't belong here, she didn't belong anywhere anymore.  Camelia wondered if the drop dead, gorgeous blonde girlfriend of his was upstairs sleeping in his bed where he had just come from.  It would explain his lack of clothing. 

If it weren't for Stefan's lies and betrayal, the course of her life would have turned out differently. It was all his fault. Her whole life was a mess because of him.

The anger coursing through her veins was about to burst free like a dam.  Needless to say, the tears she tried forcing back continued to run down her face and soaking the front of her shirt. 

"Camelia?" Stefan whispered close behind her. His tone was soft and caring and it made her cry even harder.

Her shoulders shook uncontrollably from her muted sobbing. As much as she wanted to cry out and fall to the ground she kept still, not moving. Feeling his fingers wrap around her arms, she jerked out of his grasp and moved away like his touch was poison.

Camelia couldn't bare his touch, she couldn't bare hearing his voice, she was tired of being hurt over and over again.

Stefan released a deep breath and raked a hand through his hair. Seeing her recoil from him felt like he was punched in the gut. She looked devasted before she turned her back, after realizing it was him. She was suffering and in pain, witnessing the broken look in her once eccentric eyes.

She had been crying.

Approaching her once again and noticing how her shoulders haunched made him want to force her into his arms and never let her go. But he held back. Whatever was bothering her was a tremendous, heavy burden.

"Camelia..." He tried again.

"I-I didn't a-ask to come here, I want to leave!" She said in a broken voice, every word laced with agony. 

It broke his heart how vulnerable she appeared. It was like a hand ripped into his chest and squeezed his heart painfully.

Stefan gripped her upper arms and pulled her back against his chest. 

"No!"

"Stop it, Camelia." He said in a heavy rasp. "Stop it."  He repeated, twisting her to face him. 

She fights him, struggling in his arms. He held her tightly, his arms wrapped around her as she fought in vain to pull away. Clenching her fists she struck him in the chest once, twice.