Chapter 12

The next week did not run smoothly.

Taehyung acted weird around Jungkook, almost cautious. Jungkook was pretty sure he said something wrong. Was it because of what he said to that girl? Did Taehyung think they were dating? Did Taehyung have feelings for him?

Probably.

Taehyung didn't tap on his window any time within those few days, and every time Jungkook tried to talk to him, he was ignored.

"Okay guys! We're done for the day!" Seokjin announced. "Good work everyone! Um, Taehyung and Jungkook, I wanna talk to you," he said. Everyone told each other that they did a good job today, and the pair of young models went over to the photographer.

"You guys haven't been performing as well today. Your chemistry isn't the same. You seem... stiff. Forced. I don't know what's going on between you two, but you need to sort it out. You can do better than this," Seokjin told them, looking directly at both of them. Jungkook nodded solemnly, and Taehyung did the same. Seokjin dismissed them.

When Jungkook got home, he immediately texted Taehyung.

- We need to talk.

Taehyung took a while to reply.

- okay. Come to my place.

Jungkook exhaled, half out of relief and half out of apprehension. He quickly went back to his car, keys in hand, and drove to Taehyung's apartment.

Knock knock knock.

Jungkook rapidly knocked three times. He was anxious to get things sorted out with Taehyung. He couldn't stand the distance. He couldn't stand the tension between them.

He knocked again, four times this time.

Taehyung answered the door. Jungkook felt another wave of nervousness come over him. Taehyung stepped aside and motioned for Jungkook to come inside. He stepped through the door and took off his shoes in the entry way. Jungkook walked the short distance to the apartment's living room and stood by the couch, and Taehyung followed suit. They stood in silence for a moment.

"So," Jungkook began. Taehyung turned his head to him, "I think you know why I came. I want to talk," he said. Taehyung nodded, as if to tell him to elaborate.

"Why have you been avoiding me? Things have been tense between us the last week... Was it something I said?" Jungkook asked cautiously. Taehyung crossed his arms.

"Yes, actually," he began. He sighed continuing, "what you said to that girl... If you weren't interested in me you could've just told me. You didn't have to lead me on like that. I really like you, you know. A lot. I'm not mad I'm just upset that this wasn't really... real," he said. And he really did look upset. He folded his arms again and looked down at the floor.

Jungkook's heart was beating and he felt a wide range of emotions. Guilt, happiness, sadness, nervousness. Mostly guilt, though. Guilt for making Taehyung so upset.

Taehyung looked back up at Jungkook, waiting for an answer. Jungkook took a step towards the other man. He got close enough to where he could reach out and touch Taehyung's soft cheek. Taehyung's expression turned from sad to confused.

"What are you-" Taehyung was cut off by Jungkook. Jungkook's lips, specifically. Taehyung's eyes were blown wide open and his heart was beating erratically.

Jungkook had no idea what he was doing. It was his first thought to kiss Taehyung, so he did. Taehyung's lips were soft, like he has imagined. His heart was beating all over the place.

Just as Taehyung began to close his eyes, he pushed Jungkook away.

"No, I don't want you to kiss me just because I said all that..." Taehyung explained, hands still on Jungkook's chest, speaking quietly.

"But I didn't. I wasn't leading you on, Taehyung. I don't know why I said that, I was just... Being stupid I guess. I was nervous and put on the spot and I... I don't know. What I'm trying to say is that this was just a big misunderstanding. I really, really like you too, Taehyung," Jungkook explained. Taehyung seemed lost for words.

"Oh," was all he could get out.

He didn't resist when Jungkook pulled him in for another kiss. A longer, slower kiss. Their lips moved together in harmony and Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck, and Jungkook placed firm hands on Taehyung's waist.

The kiss was smooth and slow and felt so good. Taehyung felt so good. His lips were so soft and skillful against Jungkook's. He wondered how many times he has done this before.

They eventually pulled away from each other, faces red, lips swollen, both men breathing heavily.

"Are you sure you've never been in a relationship before?" Jungkook asked breathlessly. Taehyung laughed, just a huff of air and a smile.

"I never said I haven't kissed anyone before," he replied. Jungkook faintly wondered how many people Taehyung has kissed. He wondered if they felt like they were on Cloud 9 like he felt right now.

They stayed like that for a while, standing in the warmth of each other's arms in a comfortable silence.

"I'm really sorry for making you upset, you know," Jungkook said after a while.

"It's okay," the older responded, "I was just- it's okay, Kookie. Really." Taehyung smiled into the crook of Jungkook's neck.

Taehyung pulled back his head to study Jungkook's face, handsome as always. Jungkook started back, not knowing what to say, or if he should say anything at all. After a while, Jungkook averted his eyes, blushing more than before.

"W-what?" He stuttered. Taehyung laughed, a laugh that made Jungkook's heart flutter.

"Just kiss me, you idiot."

Here it is!! The moment you've all been waiting for!! The chapter was really bad at first so I rewrote it and I much happier with it now whoo.

This story will probably come to a close soon, since the two lovebirds are finally together~~ I'm gonna try and write a yoonmin sequel after I finish this, so stay tuned!

L8er losers ~ highqualitytrashcan