Starting A New Life (Klay Thompson) -Audrina-

People really like requesting these Splash Brother one shots...😂 I don't really mind though. This one's for AutumnGirl_Summer ! I hope you like it (:

-Audrina's POV-

Here I am, in America for the third time ever. This time I'm staying in California for good.

The plane ride from my home country of the Philippines was tiring, but it was worth it. I got to see my nephew and sister for the first time in 3 years.

The reason I've decided to live in USA forever is because of my 7 year old nephew, Ian. He's been very ill and it's been putting so much pressure on my sister Angela and her husband Nick. I couldn't just sit on the other side of the world and not do anything.

I wanted to relieve some of the stress Angela and Nick are feeling by letting them go on vacation while I take care of Ian. So here I am doing that.

"Ian, come on baby. I gotta take you to the hospital for your check up,"I said, grabbing his jacket and bringing it to him. "Auntie, I don't want to go,"Ian complained. He started coughing.

I made him stand up and helped him put on his jacket. "I know sweetie, but you need to stay healthy,"I sighed, kissing his cheek. I hailed a taxi outside and took Ian to the hospital.

There, when I was checking in at the front desk, the secretary informed,"Ian's appointment has been pushed back by an hour because of an emergency."

I looked down at Ian's bored little face before looking back up at the lady and smiling. "It's okay. We'll wait. The person probably needs medical attention more than Ian,"I said quietly. The secretary thanked me for my cooperation and I sat with Ian in the waiting room.

Half an hour in, Ian mumbled,"Auntie, I'm really bored. Why hasn't my turn come yet?"

I explained,"Someone else got to take your appointment time. But don't worry. It won't be long now until your turn." Ian just nodded.

A few minutes later, I had to take Ian to the bathroom because he had to throw up. His face was all pale and I had seen this face a few times now. This was when he was at his worst.

I picked him up and quickly rushed him to the front desk. "Excuse me, my nephew isn't feeling well. Could we please see the doctor?"I asked through gritted teeth.

The lady was about to speak when a tall man walked over to us. "Sorry to intrude, but I think I took your son's appointment. I'm so sorry but I fractured my arm so-"

I interrupted,"He's my nephew. But I really want him to see the doctor right now so please finish up with your appointment."

The man looked surprised that I cut him off like that, but he was brought back to his senses quick enough. "You can honestly take your nephew. I can finish up later. My arm can wait. He looks terrible,"he said.

I gave him a quick nod as a thank you and rushed Ian into the hospital room. The doctor immediately laid Ian on the bed and started sticking needles in him as Ian cried out in pain. I wanted to stop the pain, but I couldn't do anything but assure Ian that everything would be okay.

As the medical treatments started, I sat down in the corner of the room. The tall man walked in and gave me a small smile before looking over at Ian. He took a deep breath before sitting next to me with his swollen arm held against his stomach area.

"I'm sorry about your nephew,"he spoke.

I just nodded before saying,"Thank you for letting him get medical attention. Your arm must be in so much pain. I can't thank you enough."

He just shrugged. "I'm Klay by the way."

"Klay, you do realize that your arm is fractured, right? You're acting like it's nothing!"I exclaimed.

Klay chuckled and said,"I would like to know your name, but I guess you're more concerned about my arm."

"I'm Audrina. But could you blame me?"

"That's a pretty name. I hear an accent in your voice. You're not from around here, are you?"Klay wondered. I replied,"No, I'm from the Philippines."

Klay looked surprised. "Woah, that's cool. And it kind of explains why you didn't recognize who I was,"he said.

I gave him a confused look. "What're you talking about? Are you famous or something?" I laughed at the ridiculous thought. But Klay stayed dead serious.

I paid more attention to his features. I recognized him... I looked at his Golden State Warriors shirt and my eyes widened.

"You're Klay Thompson..."

Klay chuckled and nodded. "Yup, that's right. How do you know my name?"he questioned.

I explained,"My sister is a big fan of the Warriors. I didn't recognize you at first, but then I saw your shirt and remembered how my sister's favourite player is Klay Thompson."

He smiled. "Well tell your sister I say thank you for being a fan,"he said. I nodded,"Of course."

Klay asked,"If you have some free time, could I show you around the city?"

I looked over at Ian who was put to sleep before answering,"I don't think so. I have to take care of Ian and his parents aren't coming back until next week."

Klay nodded. "I understand, it's okay. Maybe after that?"

I gave him a smile. "Yes, I think that would be fine. I'm staying here in San Francisco for good now so I might as well get to know the city."

Klay nodded. "It's a date then,"he confirmed.

My eyes widened a bit. I've never been on a real date, let alone be close to a guy. I know he's just trying to be friendly, but I still felt weird.

"Uh, yeah... Sure,"I mumbled.

Klay felt my uncomfortableness and said,"I mean as in a friendly date, not the other way. Uh, I barely even know you. I mean, I'd like to know you but-"

"Klay, it's okay,"I laughed, cutting off his blabbering.

"Damn, second time you cut me off today,"Klay observed, making me laugh more. That made him start laughing too. "You have a really cute laugh,"he complimented, making me blush. "Thank you,"I whispered.

Klay looked into my eyes and started leaning in. I've never been kissed before.

I put my hand on Klay's chest to stop him. "Klay, I've never done this kind of thing before. I don't want to rush into this,"I said.

He nodded. "I understand. Sorry if I'm coming on too strong, Audrina. But maybe in the future, we can..?"

I gave him a smile. "Yes of course. But for now, let's just get used to each other."