Ch.5 - Too Much Events in a Day Sure Wear a Girl Out

“Bye now!” I repeated for what must’ve been the tenth time in thirty minutes. I was seriously getting frustrated.

“Wait! Why bye so soon?!” I heard Adeline cry out.

“Not really, I said bye a half hour ago…” I trailed off.

“Oh…hey wait I have to tell you something!”

“No!” there is no way I’m going to wait another hour to hang up, “I’m going now buh-“

“WAIT!!” Lexi screeched out.

“WHAT?!”

“We have this formal event thing mom and dad has been invited to. And it requires all of us to come; I think its black formal…”

“No…I think it was white…” Adeline trailed off wondering.

“No…why would they pick white formal? That’s like going to a wedding! Maybe it’s just formal…”

“OMIGOD, this means we have a chance to wear those cute dresses we got at our last photo shoot!!”

“Oh yeah! The one that that famous French designer gave us?”

“No duh!”

Lexi squealed in excitement, which set off Adeline to squeal maniacally too. I sighed and leant back against the headboard of my bed. Adeline and Lexi are models, wait, scratch that, they were supermodels.

 Every few weeks you see both of their gorgeous faces on magazines. Not those tabloid magazines, fashion magazines like Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and a bunch of other ones I don’t want to pronounce. They traveled the world, designers from everywhere requesting they model their clothes. They modeled with world-famous models at least twice. Gisele Bündchen, Lily Donaldson, the Victoria’s Secret Angels, and a lot more that I don’t want to list. They earned at least 500,000 dollars for each walkway they strut down in.

They were that gorgeous.               

They had graduated college with a bachelor’s degree so they could pursue their model career. The model career that wouldn’t have happened if mom and dad weren’t who they are…

“Skyden!!”

“Huh?”

“Finally you respond! I’ve been calling your name for the past few minutes!” Lexi exclaimed.

“Oh, sorry.”

“Whatever, anyways, you should totally attend the event! Come over on Saturday! Wait, you don’t have classes Friday right? Come over Friday! We need to prep you up! Ooo, you should become a model…I mean you had the chance! But you gave it up…oh well! We’ll find you a dress, which would be easier to find if you’re a model…you get stuff for free!!” Lexi started rambling.

I rolled my eyes, even though she couldn’t see, “Fine, I haven’t visited in awhile anyways.” I said, avoiding her model comment.

“So true! Ok, well, it’s like, nine already…good night!!”

“Good night!!” Adeline screamed in the background, “Hey Nate, say something to our baby sister!

“I would if you stop hogging the phone!”

“Oh, here, bye Skyden!!” Lexi yelled out one last time.

“Bye Skydeen!” Nate yelled too.

“Bye…” I replied.

I hung up and laid my phone on the table, groaning. Talking on the phone with my siblings was such a handful, and I’m the youngest!

“Oh shit…it’s nine already? Gotta go Av, remember the last time I was late? James locked me out!” Tyler referred to his roommate, “He wouldn’t even wake up even though I was kicking the freaking door down!”