The Call

Cole

My mom has been calling me non stop, sending me messages about how sorry she is for what happened but every voicemail I hear seems like it is forced for her to say that. I get another voicemail from my mom and this one is longer than all the others, so I decide to listen to it.

'Son I know you don't want to hear how sorry I am, but you need to hear me out on this. I'm not sorry for what I said, I'm sorry that you don't have a good enough mate and you need to toughen her up so that she can be able to handle a future in this family, hopefully you have many children but she can't hold up our family, she's weak, unlike your mother. I was strong and could actually handle a family. your father has been wanting me to apologize to you and that's why I called so many times. Well I have to go, I love you and I hope you take my advice because I think you need some.'

I'm speechless. Nothing. I don't feel anything right now. Not anger ,sadness, hurt, nothing. I'ts like I'm frozen in space. Why would she say that? Why would she say Alex isn't good enough? I can't even begin to think of why. I should feel angry but yet, nothing, still nothing. I'm still standing in my room, motionless. Alex was in the bathroom and still hasn't come out yet. I drop my phone on the ground not being able to feel my hands as I drift away in shock.

"Babe? What was that noise? Are you okay?" I hear Alex ask, her voice distant as my ears ring.

I stay silent with wide eyes still contemplating what just happened.

Alex walks out of the bathroom and everything goes black for a couple of seconds but I remain standing. I hear Alex in the back of my head 'Babe, Cole what happened? What happened? Are you okay?' Still nothing, just black. 

I snap back to reality when I feel a pair of soft lips on mine, like she is trying to reach me. Suddenly my vision starts coming back in what seems like pixels. I see her face and I instantly start kissing back. I grab hold of her waist and pull her closer, telling her that I'm here.

"What's wrong? You had me scared to death." she says worryingly.

"Sorry I just blacked out for a second."

"I know that but what happened?" Hey eyes shift back and forth, looking at me.

I let her listen to the voice message. She has the exact same reaction. Not mad. Not sad. Just a blank stare into nothing. Now it's my turn to bring her back to reality. I grab her face softly and bring my lips to hers, making her respond almost instantly as she wraps her hands around my back.

"Why does she hate me so much? What did I do to her that made her hate me?" She says into my chest. She pulls away unfortunately and lays down on the bed with her head buried into her pillow. 

"Baby don't stress please. Can I see that beautiful face of yours, please?" I say to her, trying to  cheer her up.

"No and No" I hear her mumble into the pillow.

"Please, I know what you heard was bad but I will never think of you like that"

"Why do all parents hate me besides my mom?" I hear her mumble again.

I don't say anything. I mean what are you supposed to say? No she doesn't hate you? I cant lie to her. 

"And I would never want you to lie to me" she says lifting up her head a little so that she can see my face. I can't see hers though, her hair covers it up.

"Come here" I say to her. She humorously rolls across the bed to get closer to me.

"Yeah?" She groans.

"There's that face that I love" I say laughing "Don't listen to her, you're perfect." she smiles at my words as she sits up.

"Please say that I won't be invited to any of those 'family dinners' that everyone has to 'catch up' with their families. And if I am invited then I will most likely not be going" she says sulking. Falling back into the bed, but I drag her back up.

"If you do then you will be going. Just think about it okay? The rest of my family is nice and if she goes off on you then they will all see how bad she really is." I say laughing, hugging her tighter.

"I'm going to go for a run. You can do what every you want while I'm out, but if you go out side you have to take a guard with you" I say to her before leaving the room only to hear her open up one of the windows. 

Time to go have a 'talk' with my mother.

Why do parents always have to be in the fucking way. I get the most perfect girl in the world and my own mother  treats her like shit. She wasn't like that when my sister found her mate. She is younger than me but belongs to another pack now. She just can't do that! I have to deal with her.

"Cole you can't hurt your own mother" I hear Alex say to me in my head.

"No Alex I'm just going to talk to her."

"Cole she had her reasons for saying those things about me I'm sure of it"

"Alex how could you say that! She said those bad things about you and you're just brushing it off like it never happened!" I say angrily.

"I'm saying that because you can't just put down your mother. I don't care that she hates me cause frankly I don't like her either so that's her problem. She just wont be able to meet her grandchildren" She says obviously smirking.

"Oh you wouldn't" I say sarcastically.

"Oh I would." she says smirking again.

"That's real harsh Alex." I say laughing.

"Just come back home, I miss you, and that doesn't happen often"

"Shut up, I'll be home in a few" I shake my head.

I start making my way back to the house, it didn't take long as I was only out for about a half an hour. When I get home I find Alex in our room laying on the bed taking a nap. I go over to her and put my arm around her making her wake up and snuggle into me.

"You took so long I started to get tired, but on the bright side I don't miss you anymore so you can go back on your run" she says sarcastically.

"Shut up" I say laughing.

"We'll deal with my mother later. I just want to hold you right now" I say.

"Agreed"