(38) Fond

Whaa-? I updated?

YES, I DID!

Why-??? I'M BORED! Plus, I love you guys 😂

Thank you for all the support guys, I'm dedicating this to @everyonethatisreadingthis

Enjoy 😊

~-~

Life is life.

You'll never know how hard life, even if you've gone through the most tragedic tragedy of all tragedies since life is... well, life.

I'm not making sense, am I?

So does this person in front of me; talking about my arranged date with him made by our fantastic parents.

Turns out my dad is really fond of him since he is now handling his family's business, at the young age of 24.

Whatever.

"What the heck are you talking about, Gabriel?" I frowned, picking up the stack of papers from my desk so that I wouldn't be raising my middle finger to him.

"I'm talking about what I'm talking about." He shrugged, "Amazing, huh?"

Wha-?

"Care to explain why having dinner with you would be amazing?"

"Because I'm an amazing person!"

What a conceited piece of butt.

"Ha, funny." I told him smugly, "Look, I don't want to be rude, but I don't like you that way. Again, I just met you."

"You talked with me a month ago, Vanch, I don't think that is still counted as 'just' in this conversation." He shrugged, "Plus, we met last week at your convention."

I raised an eyebrow, "Did you just call me Vanch?"

He gave me a cheeky grin, "I did, didn't I?"

I rolled my eyes, "You're annoying."

"And you're adorable."

Huh. Smooth.

"Either way, I'm rejecting your offer."

"Oh come on Vanch!" He whined, "I traveled from Italy for you!"

"Thanks?" I answered questioningly, "But I'm not really interested in anyone right now."

He scoffed, "Interested or not, but this is what our parents want for each other."

"I get that." Unfortunately, "I really do. But can we just say that we went to dinner together but we wouldn't?"

His eyes widened, "You want us to lie?"

I gave him a smug look, "It's not like it's the first time."

He smirked, "But I don't want to lie."

"Well boohoo." I snapped at him, "Look, I'm done being nice here. Tell our parents what you want them to hear, but I don't really care."

"Ooh, you're feisty too."

"What?"

He smiled and stood up, fixing his black Armani suit. "You're full of surprises, Vanchel Amarati."

You're the one full of surprises. You can't simply wear a funding business suit in fudging daycare!

I frowned at him, "-Don't call me by my full name-"

"And I like that." He gave me a wink before turning around and walk out of my office, "I'll see you around, Vanch."

I glared daggers behind him and did what I always wanted to do.

I gave him the bird.

~-~

"What do you mean that you think that he took an interest with you?" Beth asked through the other side of the phone.

Beth is currently in Dubai right now, I think. -or was it in Venice? I really don't know.

They, Beth and Dean, are doing what they wanted to do, and that is to travel around the world before getting married.

Romantic, I know.

"I don't know, Beth." I sighed, looking at the Instagram account of Gabriel Droli on my phone.

"No wonder dad is pretty fond of this businessman, he's literally managing a multi-billion company." I frowned while reading the other tab, which was Google.

"Charlie's going to have a hard time with him..." She mumbled, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Why would he have a hard time-"

"Charlie loves you, Chel."

I froze.

I mean, it's not the first time I heard that Charlie feels that for me, but it is the first time hearing it from another person's mouth.

Lies.

"Beth, I got to go," I muttered, suddenly wanting to cut this chat short.

"Chel, you got to understand that that boy loves you and-"

"And nothing." I snapped angrily, before sighing and turning the speaker off. I put my phone back on beside my ears and coughed out fakely, "I'm really sick."

"You're lying."

"Wha-? Why?"

"Because Charlie isn't with you right now. If you were really sick, then he should've been beside you. Like always."

I closed my eyes and felt tears brimming in my eyes, "Yeah, like always."

She paused, "Is everything alright?"

I nodded and wiped my silent tears away, "Yeah. I got to go."

"Chel-"

"Enjoy your vacation. Send my regards to Dean!"

"Chel-"

"Bye." I turned the call off and sobbed silently.

Silently because Charlie's room is just beside mines.

I don't know what's wrong with me, really. It feels as if I'm really emotional today, well, since this morning.

I stood up from my bed and grabbed the tv remote. I walked back and stopped at what I saw.

A red patch on where I was sitting earlier. Now I know.