Rain - Mycroft one shot x reader

It was sunny in London, although today's weather prediction was less nice. I ate in silence and did the things I always did in the morning. When I was done with those things, I sat in my read chair, opened my book and started reading. I knew I had to go to the supermarket today, my fridge was running out of food, but I was too curious for the end of the book that I decided that I could have a little break from my day to day routine. My sister, who lived with me in this flat, called me a few minutes later so I had put away my book and answered her phone call, obviously annoyed.

'Yes? What is it? I was reading.' I said and did no effort to hide my irritation. 'Sorry to interrupt you and fictional boyfriend, but I will be late home so I can't make dinner today. Will you do that?' I sighted. Wwe always take turns, I've been doing it for six days now.' I answered. 'Please, you can do something simple so I can reheat it later. I'll make it up to you.' She tried. My sister was out with her boyfriend again. I didn't like that guy because he always was so mean to me, although I've never told her. 'I knew you wouldn't cook so I wanted to make something special today, now I can't because of you. You'll have to do something incredible to make it up.' I let her know.

'I will do something incredible, I promise.' She told me and eventually I agreed. 'Okay, I'll make dinner today. Well, I'm going to the supermarket now, bye. Have fun.' I ended our conversation and rose. I sighed when I put my coat on and closed the door to make my way towards the supermarket. I bought some regular things and in no-time I was back on the road. The shop wasn't far from my flat so I always walked, even with the heavy bags I needed to carry home.

I thought about the end of my book while walking and the fear for a sad ending filled me completely. Most of my favourite writers love to break my heart and I never see the killing part coming. But once the sun showed itself I just couldn't help but smile. When I arrived home I put all the bags down and got all the food out of them, putting it in the fridge and the cupboards. I looked outside the window and saw that the weather was still nice so I decided to go out for a walk before making dinner or reading again. There still was some fear for a sad ending left but I didn't want to think about it. Some nice sunshine will help me get my thoughts in order.

I left my coat inside when in closed the door again and walked through the beautiful city where I lived in. London had always been a city you must visit in your life at least once, so I was a happy person to live there. I inhaled fresh, cold air in and noticed that I was smiling. 'My dear, why are you smiling?' I heard a familiar voice in front of me. Mycroft Holmes was standing nearby, still carrying an umbrella though the sun was shining. He smiled too, probably because I was happy.

We have been sort of friends since I moved in here and when he always visited me when he was nearby. My sister always made fun of him but I've liked him since we first met. In the beginning I just felt that he was lonely, I know what it's like to be lonely so I wanted to help him, to keep him company for a while. When I tried to help him and we got to spent some more time together, I saw that he was very clever, kind and a true gentleman. I opened my eyes completely and discovered what a beautiful human being he actually was. And now, that beautiful human being was in front of me, doing what I wanted him to do most of all: smiling.

'It is a beautiful day, don't you think? That's why I'm smiling. Why are you carrying an umbrella, don't you see the sun shining right now?' I asked him, still with a bright smile decorating my face. 'Yes,' He said. 'It is indeed a beautiful day, but it will rain soon. Do you not see the black clouds coming from the North?' I looked at the sky where the umbrella pointed to and indeed, black clouds were waiting to fill London with tears, again. I smiled evilly because my sister and her boyfriend would probably be outside what will make them soaking wet soon. The clouds helped with my revenge. Six days making dinner while we had to take turns, I hope they will be soaking and soaking wet.