Chapter One: Catching Feelings

"So, do you wanna go get some ice cream later on?" Tanner asked me while he strapped on his catching gear in the dugout.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, smiling. From behind, my brother, Ryan, nudged my shoulder.

"Oh thanks for the invite Jones." He rolled his eyes. 

Tanner's face got super red, and I laughed.

"Tanner you look like a tomato." I smirked. 

"Oh you're so dead Oden." He laughed, and threw his glove at me, but I caught it.

"Nice try," I grinned, "Good luck today Tanner, make this one count, get to regionals for me." 

He walked over to retrieve his glove, "Thanks Kayla." He smiled. At this point he was super close to me, he smelled pretty good for being in his catching gear. 

"Are you wearing Axe, Tanner Jones?" I questioned. 

"Um, yeah, yeah I am." He looked away. 

I laughed at his shyness, "Trying to impress a girl, awh." I teased him. 

"Oh yeah haha well, I gotta go, you know, Coach Hale's gonna get mad so yeah." He turned to walk away.

"Wait! Tanner!", I grabbed his shoulder.

He turned around, "Yeah?"

"Just, please, win today. I wanna go to Regionals, and Williamsport and do everything with you." 

"I'll try." He half smiled.

"Right." And then I did something that took so much courage.  I leaned into his cheek and gave him a good luck kiss. 

His smile was so big I started to laugh. 

"Awh man only on the cheek?" He whined.

"Don't test your luck bubs." I laughed.

"Thanks, though." He leaned in and gave me a hug. My stomach was going crazy at what just happened. But our moment got ruined, I heard footsteps and Tanner and I pulled apart.

"Tanner? Cmon, were about to warmup." His dad entered the dugout.

My face was probably redder than Tanner's which was hard to beat.

Tanner sort of tried to talk but instead he just ran out past his dad, who stayed in the dugout. At first I thought he was going to yell at me for distracting his son or something but instead he just laughed.

"He likes you Kay." and with that he walked out of the dugout. 

-

HEY GUYS MISS ME? so this is about Tanner Jones who played on the southeast team in the 2016 llws , he has a twin , tyler. anyways i picked him bc hes ADORABLE!! vote, comment, and stuff!! thanks!! im really excited for this book, ill have another chapter up today !! this was short bc it will build up